iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shop up date

Started by steve phillips, September 07, 2012, 04:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZland

It is not the years, its the mileage AND some of us have been driving in four wheel low lock our whole lives.  Those are some hard miles. 
EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

God is great!  I will never be as good as the "Carpenter's Son"

Migal

Quote from: EZland on September 23, 2012, 01:17:39 PM
It is not the years, its the mileage AND some of us have been driving in four wheel low lock our whole lives.  Those are some hard miles. 

Amen
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

steve phillips

lol
i didnt get this ugly setting under a shade tree lol
if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

Mooseherder

Nice job Steve.
It's a great feeling after the floor is poured.
I like the forms.  Did you build them or rent them?

steve phillips

hey everyone
just a note that im still alive , been moving machinery home. looks like blue mounds all around with all the blue tarps around. shop is getting there good ole homedepoop put the screws to me but we will try to have siding on during turkey day. waiting 6 weeks for truss and the they shorted me 3 really throws a wrench in finishing .

hope all is good with everyone

fishpharmer

Steve, good to see you back here.  Trusses sure can be important.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

paul case

I had the same problem with not enuf trusses when I built my house, but since I sawed the lumber and nailed them together, I just sawed out a couple more, after I fetched the logs of course.

Hang in there Steve.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

beenthere

steve
Why not put this 'howdy' with your "Shop update" thread (rather than start a new thread for us to wonder what was happening ;)  ) ??

Any new pics for the Shop Update thread?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

steve phillips

hey beenthere
lol i would if i could find that post and knew how to move it over  8)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

steve phillips

hey all
will have some pictures tomorrow of shop . today i got my axel under the mill , i just wanna get it out the weather when not using im not going down the road .  pictures tomorrow

steve phillips

to whom that moved my other post to this one , i say   thank you

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

bandmiller2

One old phart=about six kids when you want something done. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

steve phillips

ok day late dollar short  on the pictures. the missing truss . home depot shorted me 3 truss well after raising h*&& they ordered 3 more truss got them in 3 days . and they ordered only 2 , so i went to 84 lumber 10 miles down the road and they had one on the yard.

the saw mill
i put the axle under the mill to get it around here and be able to drive in the shed

steve phillips

eastberkshirecustoms

Now we're talkin'!!! Looking good Steve, nice and big! I see that you're starting to accumulate a long pile too.  ;)

steve phillips

hey east
how have you been
yeah im getting there, hope to shingle roof this week and put tongue
in sawmill
but then i might do nutting lol
found me a honey hole of logs down at moms house . i believe i can get  2 loads a day now thats 135 miles each way plus i get to see my mom and maybe she will ride with me. i seen some 30-40 inch pine and oak logs just being burnt up

eastberkshirecustoms

Quote from: steve phillips on November 25, 2012, 08:34:59 AM
hey east
how have you been
yeah im getting there, hope to shingle roof this week and put tongue
in sawmill
but then i might do nutting lol
found me a honey hole of logs down at moms house . i believe i can get  2 loads a day now thats 135 miles each way plus i get to see my mom and maybe she will ride with me. i seen some 30-40 inch pine and oak logs just being burnt up
I've been hanging in there Steve. The usual- machinery repairs, vehicle repairs, house repairs, getting ready for winter, etc., etc. :( Then finding time to work on the mill. I should be back on track shortly and hopefully will post up some more progress photos.  Can't wait to see all the new machines to fill that nice shop. ;)

steve phillips

howdy all
here is a couple pic  , check out the tractor still running like a charm

steve phillips

my buddy down the road quit his job last week ,he goes back to work on wed . so maybe some big progress will happen . 1 person working you dont show much progress

steve phillips

howdy all ,and merry christmas.
hope all are doing well.
lord do i have some news    im moving to asheville nc. never finished the building.

dang house payment is going up ,and the wife is have some medical problem and the doc took her off nite shift. she will be losing 40 dollars an hour . so we cant make a house payment just to tight .

but on the upper side i sold some land i had, nice down payment  . so nc here we come lol

Lud

Dat's a shame.   Bad stuff should only happen in between projects.  Hope spmeone appreciates  what it is and finishes it.  Best of luck in the move.
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

dgdrls

Best said by a women I have grown to admire quite a bit

"People first, then money, then things."
― Suze Orman

Be well, travel safe

Happy holidays

:christmas:

swampbuggy

You will like Asheville. Good town. I spend some time northwest of there at times. Good luck!
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

Thank You Sponsors!