iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Brave web browser and search engine

Started by SwampDonkey, September 19, 2023, 12:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

I'll use firefox + ublock origin on every platform til it no longer exists. Chromium has a de facto monopoly on web engines, and that puts all the power in google's hands. It wasn't good when the monopoly was microsoft & IE, and switching companies doesn't make monopolies better.

rusticretreater

I have chrome, firefox and brave browsers all installed on my laptop that is used exclusively for streaming.  I don't pay for subscriptions so sometimes I end up in the nether regions of the web while looking for a particular show or movie.

Brave does a good initial job of blocking stuff, but you know that its a constant war to stop all the stuff from happening.  I haven't used it much so I don't have the confidence to go 100% all in.  Its been out there long enough that there should be some good writeups and a growing ecosystem of support.

Ublock Origin, poper blocker and maybe additional adware software are available.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

SwampDonkey

I use it because it severs any tie to Google on the browsing end. It doesn't even use Googles 'website approval' list that most every other browsers use in a lookup. It's search does not medal with rankings which Google forces to the top. It also loads faster than Firefox. Google is going to find itself in hot water as third party organizations are logging their ephemeral data as evidence of their tampering. They don't like that someone knows how to spy and collect data on their goings on. :D I don't need someone pushing their ideology onto me, in fact I don't need them for anything.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))