iDRY Vacuum Kilns

My Gallery is MIA

Started by SawyerTed, February 20, 2024, 07:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

When I go to my gallery there's nothing there anymore.  I have used my gallery since the upgrades so I know was was there.  Cannot upload a photo as well.

I have logged out and back in.  No luck.  Help?
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

I hope what I think might of happened did not happen as I've always worried about someone thinking they were deleting a picture and deleting the whole album. @lurk can you take a look when you have time and pm me? I can't find it either.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

We don't know if this is the case yet, but everyone still using the gallery, be very careful when you are deleting a photo. If you are not sure of what you are clicking, you can delete the entire album. Many times the last photo uploaded is the icon for the album it was uploaded to. If you see that, and think the album is the photo, and do not pay close attention, it may be your entire lot of photos you delete.

Don P

If that is the case Ted could look back at a post he knows he has a picture in , it would be gone. If its there, so is the gallery?

Edit, his picture of hisself is still here.

SawyerTed

Well, all photos are gone from posts.

Not good news but $h17 happens.  Not sure what I did, if it's something I did. 

I may be the first casualty of the upgrade.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Nobohdy

@SawyerTed good news, I'm currently uploading all of your pictures back onto the gallery from a backup we found up to January 13th of this year. This will fix all the pictures in your posts up to that date. If you can, any pictures you did upload after the 13th, if you re-upload them, that will fix posts that may contain pictures after that date. We are still working on trying to get them restored into the database, but at least now they're back  ffsmiley

We are also working on trying to find a way to hide the delete function from the galleries, but until we find a solution, everyone please exercise caution to avoid accidentally hitting that button  :wink_2:

SawyerTed

That is good news!  

Thank you!  That's where indiscriminate clicking or fat fingers gets a fellow!   ffsmiley

Sorry to cause a problem.  

If the delete button can't be hidden, could there be a pop up with a warning after inadvertently clicking the delete button?  Are you sure you want to delete?   Just a suggestion.  

lurk

Quote from: SawyerTed on February 21, 2024, 02:58:18 PMThat is good news! 

Thank you!  That's where indiscriminate clicking or fat fingers gets a fellow!  ffsmiley

Sorry to cause a problem. 

If the delete button can't be hidden, could there be a pop up with a warning after inadvertently clicking the delete button?  Are you sure you want to delete?  Just a suggestion. 

On desktop it does give you a warning pop up, saying

forestryforum.com says

Are you sure you want to DELETE this album?
All files and comments will also be deleted.
OK Cancel

I have no idea if it does this on mobile though, but guessing it doesn't.
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

SawyerTed

Apparently it doesn't on a mobile device.  

I use an iPhone and iPad.  

Don P

I found that if I feinted left and ducked right Miss DeBerry's eraser would whiz right by.

SawyerTed

No love so far.  I don't see my gallery.  Logged out and back in.  Cleared my history etc

Is there something I need to do on my end?  @Nobohdy ?

Jeff

Your original gallery is gone. When you deleted it, you wiped it from the database. We were able to restore the photos up until the upgrade to fix the forum posts, but we cant replace what you deleted from the database without resetting everyone else back to that backup. I hope to look for a solution, but that could be quite sometime down the road, as the gallery is not completly fixed from the upgrade and that comes first in a line of dozens of things to clear up.

Do you have an album you can upload into, or is that unavailable? The current issue with the gallery is that you cant make a new album. We are working towards that, and getting rid of the delete album button.

SawyerTed

Okay, live and learn.

Life goes on.  

There's no album to up load to at all.

Jeff

You should be able to use the embed image feature instead. In fact, that would be a good way for you to repair your recent photo posts that I don't have photos for if you would.