iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This may work for you if you're close to a wood mill.....

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, October 31, 2012, 03:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

That would be a neat trick, Jeff.  :D Why don't you just help him out and put something embarrassing up for him (maybe Gallagher in a bikini or Richard Simmons doing Jazzercise), then lock it ;D Actually, I should probably change my avatar, I think I have had the same one for about 8 years. (But then I rarely rotate my tires, either ::) :D).
Too many irons in the fire

slider

I wish I had been there to see your face when that gem pulled on the yard,I'm still laughing on this one.
al glenn

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Jeff on November 03, 2012, 04:00:49 PM
Quote from: barbender on November 01, 2012, 09:58:11 AM
I hear David changes his avatar photo more often than his undies :D

I've been waiting for him to change it to something that he would probably truly regrets changing it to for very long, then remove his ability to change it back. :)
Could the present one qualify? but then what about the rest of us who have to look at it?  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Meadows Miller

Quote from: slider on November 04, 2012, 07:05:38 AM
I wish I had been there to see your face when that gem pulled on the yard,I'm still laughing on this one.

What The  :o :) ??? ??? he surely must have the wrong bloody place  ;) :D :D :D

David these things happen to us all at some stage and it has you scrathcing your head Mate  :) :) At least you did not Unload them n try to make the best of a bad situation and listen to someones bs as I did afew years back cost me a good amount of money and lost time  but thats life   ;)

Like you said you have three loggers now who are willing to supply what you want when you want might be time to knock up a good ramp so you can unload those high pin trailers with the backhoe mate ;) ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris 
4TH Generation Timbergetter

beenthere

Quote from: slider on November 04, 2012, 07:05:38 AM

Not that the trucker didn't get a real big kick out of pulling in with that load, likely knowing darn well that his load was a "shocker".  ;D   Betting he got a real chuckle out of Poston's expression and his first words....  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

YellowHammer

I've had burn piles that looked better than that load. :D. I was watching this thread with real interest because I've got two big mills near me and was hoping to work the same kind of deal.  After seeing the photos, I think I will adjust my strategy a little...Well you can't win them all, but it looks like it will work out for you in the end. 8)
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Jeff

I'll not be messin with his Avatar. I'm thrilled he knows how to do it himself without asking me for help. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on November 04, 2012, 08:21:41 AM
I'll not be messin with his Avatar. I'm thrilled he knows how to do it himself without asking me for help. :)

smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

The easiest way to unload those trailers with a back-hoe is to put a thumb on the hoe and use it like a grapple. If you put the outriggers all the way down then the hoe clears the bolsters just fine. It will blow your mind how much the hoe will pick up. You have to park the back-hoe close to parallel with the truck so that you can swing the logs over to the other side of the back-hoe.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 02, 2012, 06:09:48 PM
Your right Magic.....you saw what I saw and this load was not even worth a flip of a coin.

However....on the bright side, the driver (Chad) called me this afternoon and gave me 3 contact numbers of loggers to call when I need logs. Specific dia. logs and bucked to my length. I happy again.

This just goes to show you when 1 door closes, it may open 2 or 3 more.  smiley_thumbsup

Thats awesome! Glad things turned in your favor. Pretty soon truckers will call you when they have a good load because you pay well and are not a hassle.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Thank You Sponsors!