iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Gobbler

Started by Woodboogah, May 04, 2014, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

First thing opening day.  biggest one to date by 1/2 pound.  It was me and my old man.  He tagged out this morn.

Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

thecfarm

That looks good. Are you allowed only one? Grandson got one on youth day,he's still hunting for #2. Than he can get 2 more this fall. What was the weight??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

celliott

Nice bird!
All I got was wet this morning....
Still fun though. Love turkey season  8)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Woodboogah

We only can shoot one in the spring and one in the fall.  He weighed 22.5lbs 1" spurs and 9.5" beard.  When I was at the check station a guy and his son were there and they gave us their bird.  He said they dont eat them.  Why hunt them?  Oh well.  That one will be going on the smoker!

thecfarm

The thrill of the hunt I guess, Them birds are mighty cleaver.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats on a nice tom.
Why in the world would you not eat one?
I don't hunt them anymore but the ones I ate were super.
I don't hunt or fish for anything I dont eat.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Congrats on the success !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

luvmexfood

In my opinion wild turkey breast is one of the best game foods you could ever eat.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

Michigan Turkey

Got this one last Wednesday morning at 10:15 am of second season. Weather was very bad the entire season with much rain and wind. Was blown out of the woods the first morning with the heavy weather. Couldn't hunt the second day due to heavy weather. Went out the third morning and talked to this one for 4 hours between rains. Finally rolled him over at 10:30 am. 22 lbs, 5 inch beard, 3/4 " spurs.

~Ron

tule peak timber

congratulations...Your wild birds are a lot bigger than here ! Feel free to share your hanging / cooking tips . Thanks  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Woodboogah

Nice bird Ron!!

Hey Rob.  Usually we just put the whole bird in an over stew bag with all the fixin's inside.  The legs go in the crock pot.  I have been doing this since I got into turkey hunting.  Comes out extremely good.  This year with the bird I was given I am going to try to smoke it.  And the bird  I shot is going to get fried.  We go camping every memorial day weekend with a big group of people and I am going to do it camping.  Hopefully it comes out good!  I just smoked a venison neck roast, that got me hooked on smoking

clww

Great job, Ron. 8)
He fills up the bed! :o
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Congrats Ron on the bird, and also on your persistence.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!