iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got the winch and weight bracket mounted on my Vermeer Trencher to be Skidder.

Started by PDakin, February 20, 2011, 09:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDakin

Only problem so far is the hydraulic winch is REAL slow winding.  I still have to fabricate the fairlead rollers and bracket and a lift boom to those trencher cylinders on the back there.   Paul

mjeselskis

Looking good. I was wondering if that hydraulic winch would be slow. It seems like most of them are. How much weight is that?
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Banjo picker

Is the hydralic motor mounted directly to the winch?  I coldn't tell from the pic angle..Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

isawlogs

Those wrecker winches are slow , dad has one that he recycled into a tractor winche and it is slow but very strong.

I like this thing really   8) 8)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

PDakin

Those are Ford tractor weights, 94 lbs each x 14 of them = 1,316 lbs.  plus the steel in the brackets and winch, so pretty heavy but the trencher tail was 2500+ lbs. itself.  Paul

PDakin

Forgot, the Parker hydraulic motor it direct to the winch end.  Paul

shinnlinger

If your gunna be hauling that hoe around in the woods, drop the bucket and put a grapple on it or ad a thumb and get an old hay wagon and use it as a forwarder.  Keep your logs nice and clean.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

jaybe_2

I just found this post and it cought my eye, I have just finished doing the same thing. I cut the chain bar off and welded a cable arch to the trencher lift cylinders. I cut the chain drive sprockets off and turned that into my winch drum. That gave me a 4 speed winch with reverse. 8) I have only pulled a few trees with it.the winch has a lot of power in first gear and is very fast in third. The winch will not lock so I made a bracket on top of the arch to grab the chokers. I just pull the logs in tip the arch all the way down hook the chokers and lift the arch and logs, it gets the butt of the tree about 3 feet off the ground. Im only going to pull about 15 cord of fire wood for my own use so I think it will work good.

Banjo picker

Welcome to the forum.  I built a winch to go behind my tract...a pic. is worth a thousand words...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

jaybe_2

mad murdock

Welcome to the forum Jayebe_2.  That is a cool contraption you got there 8) 8) I bet it will do you just fine.  how big is the engine it your machine?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Banjo picker

Good job on the machine and the pics....I guess I was too quick on the trigger asking for them... ;)  Tim

jaybe_2

The engine is a 3 cyl. diesel JD. From what I find on the net it is around 50 hp. It has some nice gearing for in the woods. 

jaybe_2

PDakin Your trench/skidder seems to have a taller tire than most I have seen. What size are they? They look to still have the 15" rim but a bigger side wall.

Thank You Sponsors!