iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Six Twos

Started by Mooseherder, May 06, 2021, 09:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

My 2004 Dodge Dually hit a milestone tonight.

Southside

Hardly broke in - the motor that is.  How much duct tape is holding the cab together?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Mooseherder

It looked brand new underneath up until last March when I had to make that trek to Maine and got caught up in a salt soup.   I was underneath this week messing with the spare.  Broke my heart.  And also changing tires on this beast is a young man's game.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Mooseherder on May 06, 2021, 11:20:07 PM
It looked brand new underneath up until last March when I had to make that trek to Maine and got caught up in a salt soup.   I was underneath this week messing with the spare.  Broke my heart.  And also changing tires on this beast is a young man's game.
Slap some por 15 on her  ;D
A1

newoodguy78

barbender

As of late I've seen "salinification" being raised as an issue in the metro areas of MN, they use so much salt it is beginning to build up in the soils and lakes. So the enviros are going after road salt, it's one issue I would be glad to get behind with them. I hate road salt!
Too many irons in the fire

HemlockKing

They love dumping their salt around here, salt truck will drive around with the thing spitting wide open going slow as ever, stopping at red lights leaving small hills of salt. Whenever I see one of those suckers coming I swerve way over cause you always get your vehicle pelted by them.
A1

Southside

Barbender - the option is liquid calcium chloride.  If you think your brake lines fall apart with salt - just wait for the improvement. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

GRANITEstateMP

I hate to get salt on my rigs... BUT I really hate the liquid/brine, you can almost hear it eating away the metal!  I've switched from fluid film (too harsh on rubber bushings and grommets) to NH Oil Undercoat. Seems to help prolong my rigs
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

barbender

Oh Southside, they spray that on the gravel roads for dust control in the summer, and I think they use it in some cities now. I hate it all with a passion. My 6 year old dump trailer looks like something that was pulled up off the sea bed (and banged around with a Ponsse BuffaloKing forwarder a bit too, don't know what that's about🤷🏽‍♂️😁). 
  There's areas in Wyoming where they are using salt now, too. It's amazing how quickly the previously banged up but clean ranch pickups start getting holes in them. Did I mention I hate salt? 
Too many irons in the fire

Tom King

One reason my 20 year old truck is still good is that it has never been on a road when there is salt on it.  Fortunately, they don't do that much around here anyway, but if they do, or are going to, my truck stays in the shed.

Thank You Sponsors!