iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Needed more room

Started by 4x4American, July 16, 2018, 04:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

He is just a young Poston.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Quote from: reswire on July 17, 2018, 03:49:46 PM
What's making you all this extra money?  Is it the new Lt 70, or the little pooch that rides around with you?  I'm thinking he might have dug up some gold bars, or D.B. Cooper loot!
lol thats funny.  but no he's financing me 0% interest for the lot.  No brainer to me.
Boy, back in my day..

Percy

Quote from: 4x4American on July 16, 2018, 09:12:13 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 16, 2018, 09:03:58 PM
Now if you had a lull like mine you could go 46' up with the wood.
;)
That's true.  Send lull please lol
Lull. Been a while since I heard that...is she back in town??
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Percy

Nice yard. What kinda bander you running?

4x4American

Quote from: Percy on July 17, 2018, 09:12:55 PM
Nice yard. What kinda bander you running?
I'm still using that kubinec stuff
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Percy, You knew lull, :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Percy

Quote from: Peter Drouin on July 17, 2018, 10:17:14 PM
Percy, You knew lull, :D :D
Ya, I think it was her who said "Why should I make one man miserable when I can make so many, so happy". Im prolly gonna get in trouble...again  ;D

Bruno of NH

I thought that was Lola ?   :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

47sawdust

Lola?,If I listened to the lyrics right I don't believe she was a woman.Great song though.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

mike_belben

Pill heads love to build shacks in the woods to live in.  Just keep your bigger longer stuff over there and you should be fine. Theyd need lots of planking to go with the posts.  
Praise The Lord

paul case

I am real surprised you havn't changed over to the green 4200'  5/8 plastic strapping. Cheaper than the kubinek stuff and it doesn't loosen. I think it gets tighter and is easier to put on.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

4x4American

Quote from: paul case on July 19, 2018, 09:28:49 AM
I am real surprised you havn't changed over to the green 4200'  5/8 plastic strapping. Cheaper than the kubinek stuff and it doesn't loosen. I think it gets tighter and is easier to put on.

PC
It's funny, was just talking with a friend last night who uses that stuff at his sawmill.  Says it wicked strong.  He said he can stab packs of slabwood with his forks and it wont break.  I couldn't do that with the kubinec stuff.  After these last two rolls I'm switching.  I spend like $300/month just on strapping if I can make it cheaper I will
Boy, back in my day..

YellowHammer

The green "Lumber Strapping" is also my go to material. It will pull up tight and will hold the world.  I have dropped entire packs of wood and it has held together.     

The big mills around here have gone to a thick black plastic strap that's really nice.  It uses a battery powered device to really tighten up the strap, then melt crimp it together.  It's fast and is done one handed, and doesn't require keeping track of crimps, the tensioner, and the crimping tool.    
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

4x4American

@hashtagyellowhamburger  that would be swell to have that over here for slabwood, because I have a guy who would buy all the slabwood I can make picked up in my yard if I could band them with something that would let him run it all through his grinder.  His grinder supposedly can eat a whole 1 cord bundle of hardwood slabs without coming up for a breath.  But the little metal tabs I use ruin the fun for him because then the load man has to keep getting out.
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!