iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Ideas For A New Swing

Started by 21incher, March 09, 2017, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

After the high winds (80mph gusts with 6 hours of 50-60mph wind. Just got power back) it looks like I need a new swing and place to store my lumber. One of the trees that my swing was attached to toppled over and took the old swing out. It looks like it was rotting anyway so it is a good thing it fell and the swing was pretty ugly anyway.

I had another about 25 ft maple blow down in my front yard, and the cover-it shelter I store lumber in had the ends blown out and cover stretched. I guess I know what my next project will be and was hoping some of you had pics of swings that you had built for ideas I could steal. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Savannahdan

Funny, this is the second time I've look at this post and it seems there needs to be some "x's" on the swing.  Sort of signifying it's down and out or dead.  Like in the cartoons. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

WV Sawmiller

21"r,

First I would buck that log up to length, saw it into boards and sticker them to use to build the new swing just out of spite. Show that old tree he is going to have to pay for his mischief. Glad nobody was hurt.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

21incher

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 10, 2017, 08:31:18 AM
21"r,

First I would buck that log up to length, saw it into boards and sticker them to use to build the new swing just out of spite. Show that old tree he is going to have to pay for his mischief. Glad nobody was hurt.
To late for that now, it is all firewood length. The tree holding up the other side has a steel plate that the tree grew around and some 6 inch lag screws that broke off the end of the beam holding the swing about 10 feet up and I hope a future sawyer uses a metal detector before sawing into it.  :o
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Kbeitz

Sorry but it was dark out when I took these pictures. I like my stuff
to be real tough so my swing has a metal frame. I made matching seats
to replace my railing for more sitting room.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

Wow using metal strapping for building a swing really simplifies it and makes for easy slat replacement in the future. That is a great idea Kbeitz and you even have cup holders. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank You Sponsors!