iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fuel tank vent: 034

Started by simonmeridew, January 20, 2010, 10:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonmeridew

how do I set the screws in the fuel tank vent in my 034? the Stihl shop manual says you need to pay attention to it, but doesn't tell you how.
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

Al_Smith

Just run the screw in the tubing until it's flush  with the end . I never did figure out how in the world a little set screw worked as a check valve but evidently it does . ???

GlenM

What screws are you talking about?
some models have as the tank vent a little grub screw pushed down into a line off the tank vent fitting on the inside of the carb well.  Air can get around the threads of the screw.  The IPL of the 034 I have doesn't show this arrangement.
???

simonmeridew

thanks for replying
there's a one piece hard black plastic thing maybe 2 inches high, that fits over the vent in the fuel tank accessible when you take the air filter cover off. There is a panhead screw on the outside, and a grub screw accessible if you take the black thing off the vent. How do you know how far in to turn the grub screw, and what does the pan head screw do?
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

Al_Smith

I can't imagine what the pan head screw has to do with it unless it was someones half fast repair .The original is a clear tubing with a slotted headless screw in the tubing .I'll check mine but I'm sure there isn't a pan head lurking some place .

Al_Smith

Well being the nice guy I am I stumbled and fumbled around in my shed until I found my 034 which is in pieces .Evidently it has a later model tank, most likely from a 360 because it has one of those stupid clip type fuel caps .It also has a vent kind of like a 200T ,no hose .

However I did look at an 038 Mag in a box and it had no pan head screw ,just a hose with a tiny screw .

The 034 BTW is soon to be a Frankenstien 034/036  cookie cutter .My parts came from good old Baileys today . 8)

simonmeridew

There's a pic of the fuel vent in my gallery, (I can't figure how to insert here): the black plastic thingy standing up on end over the fuel tank. The pan head screw is at the top of the vent; the other screw, so called grub screw, is up inside the vent.
So how can I check the fuel vent for function?
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

beenthere

simon
Once you are in a post window, just go to your gallery (via the Java Uploader you will see it as a choice in the left column), then click on the photo you want, when it comes up just scroll down a bit and a Green Hilighted verbage about posting will show up. Click on that, and the choice comes up Yes No. Say Yes ant the pic will go right into your post. Use the Preview button to check how it looks.

You have some good pics of logs there too.  :)

PS
You can go to your previous post and click on the modify button, and do the same routine.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rocky_J

simonmeridew

Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

Tundra550

I'm sure this is an old post but I was wondering the same thing as I have this vent on my 034 av as well. Did you ever figure out how this tank vent is supposed to be set up?  Thanks 

Thank You Sponsors!