iDRY Vacuum Kilns

60,000 characters

Started by scsmith42, February 22, 2024, 08:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

Twice now I've drafted a new post with pix, only to receive a message that I can't post it because I've exceeded the 60000 character limit. In both instances I was nowhere near 60,000 characters.

In the first instance, I deleted the post and started over, basically typing the same thing (and including the same pix).  Post went through just fine.  But in the second instance, I could not get it to take.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jeff

Are you typing it out in the post form, or copying and pasting something in typed elsewhere? 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scsmith42

Both.  The one that gave me the first message posted ok after I re-entered everything.  The second one was typed directly in - twice.

Jeff

I've disabled the preset character limit until I understand what the issues may be. You still need to make sure photos are not oversized.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

It happened with me once, but since Tom is the only person that I know that can type 60,000 characters, I just tried again and it posted.  ffcheesy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scsmith42

Well, I was typing about Tom, so maybe that's why the message popped up!  LOL ffcheesy

Old Greenhorn

Are you guys suggesting that I am too verbose? No sweat, I have have been told by some that my posts are too long to read and I am fine with that, they may skip them if they like. smiley_smug01 When Jeff tells me to shut up, I will. I'm easy, and sometimes cheap too. ffcheesy
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

scsmith42

Well Tom, I know that you may think that you're a "man of steel", but the "Tom" that I was referring to really is made from steel! 

ffcheesy

tino

Quote from: scsmith42 on February 22, 2024, 08:53:28 AMTwice now I've drafted a new post with pix, only to receive a message that I can't post it because I've exceeded the 60000 character limit. In both instances I was nowhere near 60,000 characters.

In the first instance, I deleted the post and started over, basically typing the same thing (and including the same pix).  Post went through just fine.  But in the second instance, I could not get it to take.

Scott

Did you drag the picture into the post? If so it tends to become a base64 encoded image, which is alot of characters/data.

scsmith42

Quote from: tino on March 01, 2024, 12:00:00 PM
Quote from: scsmith42 on February 22, 2024, 08:53:28 AMTwice now I've drafted a new post with pix, only to receive a message that I can't post it because I've exceeded the 60000 character limit. In both instances I was nowhere near 60,000 characters.

Scott

Did you drag the picture into the post? If so it tends to become a base64 encoded image, which is alot of characters/data.

That might have been my mistake.  Subsequently I've been dragging them into the designated area, and then inserting them with the arrow button.