iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where can I buy green white oak timbers in SE Pennsylvania?

Started by pizza, October 24, 2019, 10:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pizza

Hi all. If anyone knows where or who I can buy these pieces from let me know. Would like good sawyer that can saw reasonably square and straight.

Need:
Qty 5: 2" x 4" actual size (bracing)
Qty 15: 4" x 4" x 8ft actual size (posts, sills, girts, and tie beams)
Qty 3: 4" x 6" x 10ft actual size (beam for roof rafters to rest on)
Thanks.

pizza

doc henderson

I am not from there, but when we lived in western Ks, the local lumberyard carried rough sawn white oak planks for the oil field trucks.  Used to make a road in fields, and go across ditches with trucks.  do you have a state forester near you.  might check with them and any oil field or ag delivery type companies for leads.  I bought several and planed them to make beams in my barn roof.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

To start, check here on the forestry forum database for sawmills near you. Call them and ask if they can provide you with your stock list of lumber.

Next move outward to another state near you. If you talk to someone ask them if they know anyone who would be able to supply you once they say no.

There are lots of websites to find lumber. One is woodfinder.com. Also woodplanet.com maybe even woodweb.com.

It shouldn't be that hard to find what you want you just have to spend some time doing it. And be willing to travel to pick the stuff up.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!