iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Couple Questions: Completed Timber frame home prices and Pole Barn living

Started by Biocmp, July 10, 2012, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biocmp

Hey everyone,

I've been scouring the forums, looking for information on timber framed homes, wall enclosures and infill, roofing, etc.  I'm curious, many of you did most of the construction work (minus plumbing and electrical), how much did you end up spending on these homes? I know these can fluctuate wildly, but I'm trying to rap my head around the costs. I'll be in the midwest when I start laying out and cutting my frame. The costs after that have me a little worried. My soon-to-be fiance and I would prefer to pay as we build and stay away from debt.

If people are uncomfortable saying a total cost, I'd love to hear what some of the larger costs were, unexpected costs along with the size of the home you built.

We are thinking of building a lofted pole barn, with the loft dedicated to a living area. Then we'll have a place to lay our heads and I can work directly in the shop below and on our land.  Just throwing that piece of information out to see if anyone has suggestions or thoughts.

This forum is chock full of information, I appreciate everyone's input and time.

logman

My timber frame I built in Maryland came to about 65.00 per sq. ft.  My wife and I did all the work except for most of the HVAC.  We are finishing up a new timber frame here in the mts of NC.  I haven't totalled everything yet since we aren't quite finished, it will be a little bit more because of building in the mts plus we have a full basement.  We used sips on both homes which I highly recommend. 
LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

Thank You Sponsors!