iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmilling demo

Started by iffy, September 05, 2015, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iffy

Our town has an annual labor day celebration that includes street dance, car show, hometown carnival, parade, etc. I decided to put my Linn sawmill in this year's parade and I thought it would be nice to do a sawmilling demo before the parade. Nice until I got the quote for one-event liability insurance. $371 ! I had told them the area would be roped off, all guarding in place, and the biggest danger to a spectator would be if the wind came up and blew some sawdust around. So, no demo. >:(

ScottInCabot

Got to love that insurance....not really.  I'd like my some of my money back at the end of the year if I didn't need to use it.

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

WV Sawmiller

IFFY,

Is this additional insurance for the event or does your normal liability insurance not cover such? I will have to check with my agent but I guess I was under the impression my liability insurance would cover such. Good thing to know and check. Hope all works well for you. Sorry it did not pan out this time.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

iffy

Not carrying liability for the sawmill. Have farm liability & contractor liability but to date am treating this as a hobby mill and just milling m own stuff.

Thank You Sponsors!