iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LOST EVERYTHING

Started by dail_h, February 25, 2003, 11:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

This may not be the right place for this,if not Jeff will move it I suppose,anyway at work yesterday I learned that one of the mexicans that work with us lost his home and wverything in it over the weekend. Seems the power went off in the bad weathet we had ,so they went to the next town to the mexican store,when they got back his mobile home was totaly engulfed.They literly have what they had on their backs.
   The horror &devistation are just as real for him as it would be for any of us.I dont know what if anything G P will do to help,I'm sure that our shift will help.and I've lrt our church know,they'l help too. Just something to think about,it could happen to any one of us just as easily.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DanG

That's awful, Dail.  It really hits you when it happens to someone you know. I hope he gets plenty of support from the community.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chet

MY heart goes out to your friend. Being a voluteer fireman I am very familiar with that senario. Thankfully they weren't home and there was no loss of life. I always hug the wife and kids a little harder after one of them fires.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

wiam

I am a volunteer firefighter and about a month ago we had a bad trailer fire.  The couple got out with what they could throw on, not even shoes and it was -26.

William

Scott_R

I'm a volly also. About 3 weeks ago a friend lost her barn, ell and most of a large colonial. We were able to salvage some furniture and clothing as well as several dozen photo albums. Everything else was a total loss. No lives were lost or firefighters injured. Scott

BW_Williams

Dail, sorry to hear about your friends loss, glad no one was hurt.  Has the Red Cross been notified, they have funds for immediate needs.  Chet, William and Scott, hug them loved ones when you head out the door and stay safe brothers.  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

SawBilly

HEY JEFF B

I ain't got much but God has always told me to share, especially to those who need it. Is there any way to set up a Forestry Fourm fund for these folks?? I would donate a few bucks!

Jeff

I like the spirit of the idea, but for now I think it would be better to get a name an address in an instant message and send a gift direct.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Scott_R

The people of my home town have been very generous with both time and money to help out. It is nice to see folks pull together in times of need. Scott

dail_h

HEY GUYS
   Just a little update here,Our shift passed the hat the other day for Alberto I was real impressed.He speaks only a little english,so about all he said then was thanks.Later he was in the stacker cab,that guy speaks good ,was showing me the cash & crying I dont think he expected anything like that.He told me through interperter last night that all they need now is food and dishes,two set in my kitchen floor now.His landlord is supposed to replace the trailer in a couple of weeks.Let me thank you guys for your interest and concern,but most of all for your prayers for someone you dont even know.
      Volume Discount At ER

dail_h

SHOOT!!!!!!!!!
   My address is

Dail R Harris
              P.O. Box 49
              Durants Neck N.C.  27930

I'll see that he  gets them. First name is Alberto,I dont know how tosay or spell last name .  Thanks
      Volume Discount At ER

Thank You Sponsors!