iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Telling on myself

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, February 09, 2015, 01:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Over the weekend I cleaned my wood stove chimney. It is an outdoor chimney and has to be cleaned 3 - 4 times a season. It isn't too hard to do as it has a cleanout door on the outside. After cleaning I fired the stove back up but it would not draw very well. When I would open it to load a log it would belch smoke back into the house. I figured the screen around the cap must be clogged so I went up on the roof but the screen was clear say_what

I decided to run the brush up it again and that's when I found that I had left the clean out door open stupid_smiley
They say the simple things in life are the best and I sure can be a simple thing  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

r.man

I was going to say something witty but I forget what it was.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

sawguy21

:D :D That is funny, thanks for sharing. I could give you a hard time....but won't.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I like them quick,easy fixes.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doctorb

All that sounds completely normal to me. ;)
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

Jon,

Sometimes it is best to leave some doors closed  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ford_man

Don't feel lonely  my grand son switched radios from one truck to another. then the alt did not charge so I replaced the alt that didn't work ether so i replaced the new on. and it still didn't work. then I discovered that a fuse was missing. $237 for a $.15 repair. dadgum you, Dink! 

isawlogs

I am happy you found your fix, I need to change the wood furnace in the shop, its smoking up the shop from a hole rusted in the flu chamber before it gets to the chimney.  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

hacknchop

Few yrs back my pick up quit while I was driving over to my fathers so I coasted into his driveway told him it just backfired and quit would nt start, told him probably timing chai,so drove into town for parts changed it,  would not start  finaly he says how much gas in it, was out of gas. I like to think it ran out exactly as the timing chain jumped.
Often wrong never indoubt

sawguy21

:D Sure. When I was a young pup working as a gas jockey I was sent on a service call to replace a new battery. Battery was dead so I changed it out. The truck cranked but no start. I removed the gas cap and jumped on the bumper, nothing. Hmm, how much gas? "I put two dollars in last Friday" I changed the battery back, put in a couple of gallons, boosted the truck and charged him accordingly. He was not happy and complained to the boss. Got no sympathy whatsoever.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: hacknchop on February 10, 2015, 09:32:46 AM
Few yrs back my pick up quit while I was driving over to my fathers so I coasted into his driveway told him it just backfired and quit would nt start, told him probably timing chai,so drove into town for parts changed it,  would not start  finaly he says how much gas in it, was out of gas. I like to think it ran out exactly as the timing chain jumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-tCIRJH9p0

Sheepkeeper

Sometimes its the simple things that get you.  :-\
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

chet

I once towed da brother-in laws pickup home for him, it had stopped on the road. He determined it wasn't getting fuel to the carb.  After cutting off the staps on the fuel tank to install the new in tank fuel pump, he discovered that the tank was actually empty.  ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

doctorb

When I was in residency (long, long ago), I was driving home very late one night and had had nothing to eat since lunch.  I knew there was a "late-night" Wendy's with a drive up window just a little out of my way on my trip home.  I took a shortcut and approached via the back, and proceeded to drive my Mazda up onto a small concrete island in the road used to separate the two lanes of traffic.  My car got "high-centered", which is where the underside of the car is sitting on something that lifts the wheels just high enough off the ground so that they have little or no traction.  So there I was, stuck, my 4 tires barely touching the ground and the undercarriage sitting on this narrow oval curb height cement structure.  So, what did I do?  I walked over to the drive up window and tried to get something to eat.  They would not serve me!  I had to be in a car to get service via the drive up window.  The Eat-in portion of the restaurant was closed.  I had the guy lean out of his window so he could see my car.  He started laughing and gave me a burger.  The tow truck arrived and told me they would definitely need to take it to the shop and that the car was undoubtedly undriveable.  He lifted the rear end slightly and dragged it off the island.  I paid him, got in and drove away.  Should've had dinner at the hospital.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!