iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ultimate Chain Saw

Started by Rick-Wi, January 21, 2004, 07:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick-Wi

You folks seen this one?

http://pie.midco.net/kd0s/ultimatechainsaw.asf

Harold You have something to do with this?

Rick-Wi

woodbeard

A mere pruning saw compared to this:
http://www.arboristsite.com/attach/1019.jpg

Built on a 255 buick V8 and will eat thru that 30"log in under a second and a half

Percy

Hmmm, Im thinkin they are the same saw?? Sure cut that log in a hurry ;D ;D ;D :D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

woodbeard

Oops, you're right, Percy. My connection is so slow, I got fed up and closed the window while the guy was still showing the motorcycle engine saw.

Stephen_Wiley

Sorry for some reason only get computer language for Rick's url, so could not see saw.

Predator, I have seen on AS site many times.

"Ultimate"  nah........who could run the 'predator' for 10 hours a day? ???

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Oregon_Rob

10 hours a day, there ain't that much wood in the forest. I saw that thing cut through a 30" fir log in under 1.2 seconds. At that rate it would take a bout a minuet and a half to cut my winter's supply.
Chainsaw Nerd

Stan

I dunno, seems that takin' that half step every second would tire a fellah out real quick.  :-/
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Stephen_Wiley

Oh come on fellas...................holding the weight of that saw and climbing up the steep slopes over fallen brush in the woods.

You would tire before you got to the designated tree to cut !  

Besides,  think of the extra stress holding it to make a falling cut.
Probably to dangerous as it you may intend to only make a face cut and end up completely through the tree. :o

Oregon Rob.......you must be getting your woods well thinned ?
I know of a project that would keep 10 predators busy here in Oregon for a year or more.

L. Wakefield

OK- just for da heck of it- if you *could* hold that thing up sideways to make a 'falling cut' I think you called it- would it run sideways like that? I know airplane engines have to be made special if they are going to fly inverted or the oil gets into the worng place. How far up on its side can you get a V-8 and for how long before it runs into that same type of problem (and is that a hemi?)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

music_boy

It's all about the dew-dads boys.
Lota testosterone associated with that saw
 :D :D :D
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

Stephen_Wiley

LW - I believe I heard it was a buick motor, so it would not be a hemi.  Morpar holds the rights to the 'Hemi' design.

Two problems come to mind in holding the motor sideways:

1. The position of the oil intake pump siphon
2. Potential leakage out the valve covers

MB - Or "Due-Dad" =  always put the blame on DAD

Fla._Deadheader

8) Anybody know how to waterproof that baby??? 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

Don't tell me you STILL haven't solved your problem, Deadheader?  ;D

Duane_Moore

:P ;) well let's see, only thinking out loud. a dry sump oil pump. or side oiler.like the stockcar boys use. then we could hold it side ways. and I think Ford, also makes a Hemi, the 5.0 & 4.6L alum head Hemi. crossbolt main.F/I  V/8 only thinking out loud. I see they use a Prediator carb on the Buick. no float bowles. see some on street rods. does not weigh too much. all alum. about 275lbs?  only thinking 8) 8) 8)   Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Duane_Moore

:PFla.D. waterproof???? maybe hyd. hoses on a remote hyd. motor.???? so what ya expect me from Wyoming.. Duh---Duane :P ??? ??? ???
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

rbarshaw

I'm wait'n on the big chain saw.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

woodbeard

Deadheader, I believe this is what you need:

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
That'll do it, woodbeard.  ;) :D

Thank You Sponsors!