iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just introducing myself as new to FF

Started by lawyer_sawyer, May 09, 2005, 04:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

Welcome to FF. We need a lawyer for some friendly FREE advise. I'll help you any way I can. WELCOME ABOARD. 8) 8) Any advise I give will always be free cause I know what it's worth. 8) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

woodmills1

send lawyers guns and lumber............................ :D

WHOOPS!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

RacinRex

Welcome to the forum L_S...

Network Manager/Admin here, Takes all kinds amongst us part-timers.
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

etat

By the way. Once you get your practice and sawmill running you're going to need some real good investment advice on what to do with all yer money. :)

I'm just the man you're gonna want to talk too! ;D

8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

TN_man

WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

MSU_Keith

Welcome to the neighborhood  8) - do you plan to stay in A2 area after graduation?

OneWithWood

woodmills,
lumber = money

I think you are right on it  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

lawyer_sawyer

man it has been great seeing the response.  sorry I haven't been exactly active lately but it has been a little hectic getting exams out of the way and I just found some room to breathe.

MSU_Keith
I am not planning on staying in the Ann Arbor area.  I am attempting to get a job this summer in the GR area and hopefully that would lead to something full time after I graduate next May.  Most of my family is up in the Newaygo County area and points north.

Paschale:
thank you very much for the offer I am going to be trying to get to some mills when they are running ot see what it is like.  I have been around stationery mills and would like to see how portable mills even if stationery work.

thanks for the welcome
it is nice when dealing with an industry that often sees the ends justifying the means that there are still a ton of great people out there.  and a lot of them here
Love the outdoors, chainsaws, my 300 win mag, my wife and my son but not exactly in that order.

lawyer_sawyer

Also:
Thanks Keith for the offer, When I know what my summer is like I will definitely try to get ahold of you to come see your operation.  I know I have a lot to learn.

Dewwood
If I am down that way I would love to stop by and learn what I could from you.  thank you for the offer.

everybody have a great morning
Love the outdoors, chainsaws, my 300 win mag, my wife and my son but not exactly in that order.

Furby

If ya get a job in GR this summer, drop me a line! ;)

Tom_Averwater

lawyer_sawyer, Welcome to the forum and good luck in your goals in life. Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Brad_S.

The party of the first, herein known as Brad S., extends greetings and salutations to the party of the second, herein known as Lawyer-Sawyer, and wishes or otherwise hopes for success and prosperity vis a vie good luck with your chosen career and/or profession. The party of the fist shall not be held liable should the party of the second suffer financial disparity should the party of the second pursue expressed saw milling desires. smiley_contract

One of my more consistent log suppliers is taking the route opposite of yours. He logged for 20 years and now is studying law. There will be times when my calls won't be returned and I find out later that he was studying for his Barr exam. He's missed twice by a hair, hoping 3rd times a charm.
He claims if he knew then what he knows now about liability issues, he would have never touched a chainsaw or cut down a single tree! :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Thank You Sponsors!