iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new market

Started by woodmills1, November 16, 2006, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

My saw has a 72" bar.
Wanna give us an idea what size saw and bar ya used?

JCam

The chainsaw I used is a Stihl 260 with an eighteen inch bar  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40G25, a tractor, and a couple of chainsaws.

Furby

solodan

I was wondering the same thing as Furby, cause I used two different saws today, one had a 42" bar and the other had a 12" bar. ???  I'm glad we got that all cleared up, now Furby won't have to make a 12 foot bench , that's 6 feet tall. ;)  That is a great idea for a bench JCam, I think that is a great example of utilizing the log to it's fullest.  :)

jpgreen

-subscribe-

I love these furniture threads..  ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

woodmills1

The guy that helped me do my front roof stopped today to see if I had any roof/leak issues.  Got out of truck took one look at the benches and said how much.  I said $50, he said sold, my wife is gonna love it, did you know the granite ones are almost $1000. :o :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

saddletramp

We have sold 5 or 6 pickup loads of cedar sawdust for people to mulch flower beds. The first person to buy any had just spent $1800.00 on roses and said that cedar sawdust would keep aphids away as well as other bugs that bug roses. I guess after spending that much I would want to protect my investment too. A pet store buys the chips from when we plane cedar boards for bedding for ... rodents. ::)at least thats what I call them. But if cash is in hand dont argue. :D We are starting to compost cottonwood sawdust to sell to the flower people too. Should have plenty by spring. Maybe not what you other guys are doing but every bit helps the bottom line in a small operation.
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

woodmills1

and what about the sawdust boiler in the new woodmizer way.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

well so far every one who has visited us for the last 2 weeks has had the same reaction to the garden benches.

Wow did you make that?
yes
is it for sale?
yes
How much?
$35  or $45 or $60 (depends on who it is)
my wife is gonna love it. :D :D :D

I guess I better make some more :D ;D :o 8) :-*

Thank You Sponsors!