iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New from Kentucky.

Started by Jaket123, October 27, 2015, 02:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaket123

Hey I'm Jake, im 24 and I've used this site a lot as a resource but finally decided to register. I live in central ky, we are currently logging out property and selling the hardwoods. I run a ms391 for everything from firewood to felling. But I have recently played with the idea of buying a sawmill. I will probably purchase a super saw frame from Lynn lumber this winter and complete the mill to be a portable set up with hydraulic log loader and possiably also incorporate a log turner and tensioner. If you have any say in a first timer buying his first sawhead feel free to chime in! And ps fabricating isn't an issue I have all equipment and skills nessecary. Thanks and look forward to all this new knowledge!
Just cause...

Magicman

Hello and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Jaket123.

Adding your location to your profile will help with answering future questions.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jaket123

I just updated all my stuff. Thanks
Just cause...

thecfarm

Jaket123,welcome to the forum. As least you know what work is!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Quote from: Jaket123 on October 27, 2015, 06:08:29 PM
I just updated all my stuff. Thanks
But your avatar is lying down on my computer.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jaket123

Yeah them Japanese work my butt off lol and as for the avitar I kno I'll fix it one day lol
Just cause...

Jaket123

But we have fun loggin. Wish I had some vids ha. It's hard work but I love it.
Just cause...

SawyerBrown

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Jaket123

Just cause...

Jaket123

Here are some photos of past projects, a super awesome fast tilting wood splitter, and a photo of the 70-80 year old hardwood floors in my house that I bought and had to bring back to life!

Just cause...

Weekend_Sawyer

Nice looking floor, Welcome to the forum.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Jaket123 on October 28, 2015, 08:28:37 AM
Anybody here from Kentucky?
I'll bet if you clicked on the "Member Map" up in the menu, you'd find lots of folks from Kentucky!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Jaket123

Thanks weekend sawyer, and thanks for the hint sawyer brown lol
Just cause...

WH_Conley

Welcome aboard. I am in Lewis County. There are a few members up this way.
Bill

Woodhauler

Quote from: Jaket123 on October 27, 2015, 02:10:06 PM
Hey I'm Jake, im 24 and I've used this site a lot as a resource but finally decided to register. I live in central ky, we are currently logging out property and selling the hardwoods. I run a ms391 for everything from firewood to felling. But I have recently played with the idea of buying a sawmill. I will probably purchase a super saw frame from Lynn lumber this winter and complete the mill to be a portable set up with hydraulic log loader and possiably also incorporate a log turner and tensioner. If you have any say in a first timer buying his first sawhead feel free to chime in! And ps fabricating isn't an issue I have all equipment and skills nessecary. Thanks and look forward to all this new knowledge!
welcome, and happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

That floor looks good. And then some!! Splitter looks good too.
I see you fix robots. Fanuc?,Motorman?,ASI? I use to reprogram those 3 kinds. I never put the wrenches to one,just figure out who I needed,mechanic,electrian or both and make a call.Now I work in a hardware store.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Happy birthday, too! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jaket123

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

Nice to see some local people on here. I felt like I was out of place lol.

As for the splitter... It doesn't look too fancy but that's a bad girl lol. 16gpm 2 stage pump with a 3x26 cylinder and 2" shaft... U can't break it! She pushes 2500 psi.

As for the robots yes all of those. We're phasing out the motormans for new Kawasaki explosion proof systems. And we do it all. Trouble shoot the electrical, change mechanical parts and and program/teach/ touch up. Al of our motormans are older paint systems with shuttles. Their antiques lol nice and simple tho. That's not always a bad thing!

Jake
Just cause...

samandothers

Welcome and Happy birthday!

r.man

I have heard of Kentucky if that helps. Welcome to the cradle of sawdust.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

plowboyswr

Welcome! And happy birthday.  ;D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

thecfarm

We got rid of the Motorman. The salesman tried real hard to give on a deal when we was buying more robots. But the company went with Fanuc. We had some board problems with the motorman. Silde in a few boards and fried them at a cost of $10-20,000 each was not a good thing. Their support for parts and tech was no where as good as Fanuc. When we did have trouble with Fanuc,most times we would get on the phone and we could figure it out without a service call. We cut out interior trunk parts with high water pressure.Than we set a few up for glueing.

Jaket123

Yeah our old motormans are actually kawasakis. Kawasaki bought out motorman and sold them for a few years as a Kawasaki. But it's a motorman, same robot new name ha.
Just cause...

East ky logging

Welcome. I'm east of you in magoffin co.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

kwendt

Welcome Jaket, and beautiful old hardwood floors... What did you top them with after you sanded, and cleaned them down? Stain and poly? Or varnish? Or? (I'm gonna be laying down new hardwood, looking for ideas on finishing...) lol.
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

Jaket123

I used a mahogany stain (1 light coat) and 3 good heavy coats of poly. Then sanded and buffed.
Just cause...

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Jaket123.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jaket123

Just cause...

Thank You Sponsors!