iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is there anything new coming out from Stihl?

Started by Dave12, February 22, 2023, 04:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave12

The 500i and 400c are a few years old now so you would think it was about time for them to come out with the new latest and greatest thing that everyone has to have....me included. :D  Does anyone have any inside info of anything in the works?  Maybe a 90 or 60 cc fuel injected saw or something along those lines?

Just curious.

Dave
Just a small time firewood cutter using a Stihl MS500i, MS400c and MS462c

ladylake

If there is you can bet it will be the best thing since sliced bread.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

chep

I'd love to see a 400i
But haven't heard anything about one

OddInTheForrest

Lurked around on a few german and eastern european sited, so far, I have seen a few new small body models.

The petrolmodels seems to be updated 171,181 and 211 saws. Looks sleek and slim. 162 seems to be a new small model.

MSA 60
MSA 70

The newer batterysaws seems to be in the homeowner range, using the cheaper line of batteries. Maybe updated 120 and 140 saws. Seems sleek and slim compared to batterysaws of the past few years.

Best regards
Odd

teakwood

I really wonder why Stihl doesn't bring out more i Models? the 500i is such a success, why not making a 400i, 600i or 300i 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

JD Guy

Quote from: teakwood on February 27, 2023, 06:52:14 AM
I really wonder why Stihl doesn't bring out more i Models? the 500i is such a success, why not making a 400i, 600i or 300i
I agree, wonder if it's a cost/benefit or higher price concern? 

JonathanPace

@Dave12 , the latest model is their MS 261 C-M out here in NZ, and their diamond abrasive chains are 36 GBE and 36 GBM. Let's not forget about the season's new forestry overalls! :D

OddInTheForrest

I do think that sales of the new batterypowered 300saw will determine alot.

In my opinion, its too expencive. For me to concider swapping my 261 for the MSA300, it cant cost me over 2000USD for the saw, 3 batteries and a charger.

But, by all means, seeing how things are done here in Norway now, its got me thinking. For instance, when bidding on government / county contracts now, for instance in the city of Bergen, you wont get concidered unless you can prove there is no "green" alternative to fossile fuels. I know of arboristcompanies who have gotten batterypowered wood chippers for instance.

But I think the focus will be on homeowners and there about for most bigger brands in the future. The market for loggers versus homeowners on a global level, is well, not in the loggers favours. So I personally think we will have to live with what we got for a while. 

Best Regards
Odd

ehp

I would guess a bigger model than the 500i to take the 661 place makes sense to me , the 400 pretty much takes place of most guys wanting a 60 cc saw , In the pro line with the 261 ,400 and 500 there is not much of a hole in there line up , A new 85 to 95 cc saw to replace the 661 and compete with the 592 makes the most sense to me 

Thank You Sponsors!