iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 045av/056av Identify

Started by brumbl, March 28, 2023, 07:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brumbl

I think I have a early 80's Stihl. Has no nameplate. Anti vibration set up. 32 inch bar which may not be what it came with. Electronic ignition SEM. No chain brake, 52 mm piston and serial #E9981791. Running 3/8 chain.
Can anyone tell me if it's a 045av or 056av? Have it completely broke down and want to put correct nameplate on it.
Thanks
brumbl

beenthere

Welcome to the forestry forum. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ed

I'll wager 056, just because of the 32" bar. 056's also used a sem ignition after Stihl ditched the pos Bosch unit.
Just checked an its an 056, 52mm bore.

Google "acres internet" it will give you a link to Mikes site. Specs on more saws than you can imagine...lol

Ed

brumbl

Thanks Ed, I will check it out. Not sure if it's original bar or not and some 045's were 52mm. Hopefully someone can run that serial number to nail it down. I will check Mike's site and see what he has. Thanks again, 
brumbl

brumbl

Checked with Stihl USA and they didn't know. Asked for a German Stihl contact which they gave me and they used the E9981791 serial number to tell me its a 056 made from 81 to 85. Worked out great.

Thank You Sponsors!