iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sugar shack build

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, February 05, 2018, 03:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodpecker52

Down in Mississippi we have sugar shacks but they are not used for boiling sap!
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

maple flats

For your check chains on the cupola doors you will be happier if you make them just long enough that they tilt out just past 90 degrees. That way they still close easily but they do not drip melting snow and rain inside. I actually have a stop on mine just using a knot in the rope I close the door with. I then have a cleat mounted vertically (a boat terminology and piece of hardware) on the wall. When I open the doors I position that knot on the on the low end of the cleat and wrap the rope 2-3x to hold it there. The doors stop slightly past level and all drips then fall to the roof.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

thecfarm

All looks good!!
Yes,maple flats,good idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!