iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moving logs for enviromentally minded city home owner

Started by Ironwood, April 07, 2008, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Here are a few pics of a MONSTER  burly mulbery I recently moved for a customer (it is not me in the pics!). Really cool log, I wish it were mine. Butt weighed about 4000lbs. I put a few smaller ones in the truck bed.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WDH

Reid,

That is a fine mulberry log.  Is it the native red mulberry, Morus rubra?   I would love to have one that big :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Furby

8) 8) 8)
You said customer, so would I be correct in thinking you'll be milling and making something from it Reid?

Dave Shepard

Was supposed to get to tri-axle loads of red mulberry last fall. I guess nobody was brave enough to go to Long Island to get it. :D  Red mulberry is supposed to share many characteristics with black locust and osage orange, especially decay resistance.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ironwood

Dave,

It looks very similar to both when it is milled.

Furby,

No, I have a friend who has a mill here on my property and he is milling it. I will dry it. I REALLY am glad I never bought a mill. I have had access to many mills over time and realized none of the "off the shelf" units would do what I need. I am currently building my own "HOVERING" mill ;) I will share it in time. I really don't know of anything like it out there.

WDH,

I don't know, I will find out.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WDH

Reid,

If it is red mulberry, the leaves would be rough on the upper surface like sandpaper.  If it is the imported white mulberry (from china for the silk trade since the silk worms like to eat the leaves of white mulberry) the upper leaves will be shiny and smooth as a baby's bottom!

You probably don't have any leaves yet :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

johncinquo

I like that trailer set up.  Man, I wish I could find one like that around here, at least for a few days.  I have got some doozies earmarked that are just sitting waiting for someone to come pick up. 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Ironwood

Johncinquo,

Thanks, it is all cobbled together from various parts, works GOOD. Runs off the trucks wet lines.

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!