iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do you think of this idea

Started by stumpy, November 05, 2018, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

I have a bobcat 763 up at my cabin.  I have a 3/4 mile dirt road to get in.  I used to have a tractor with a 3point blower, but now I have the skidsteer.  My idea is to get a quick attach plate and attach two 30" snowblowers to it.  They would both be electric start and be complete except for the wheels.  I'd have to rig up the controls but mainly I'm just looking for input on this.  Is it a dumb idea?  I don't have High flow so a hydraulic unit is out of the question. 

Thoughts?
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Crusarius

sounds interesting. I would be concerned about durability with a big heavy skidsteer pushing little consumer grade snowblowers. but it would probbaly work ok.

DelawhereJoe

What about a 72" 3pt snow blower with its own gas motor, I know you can get a 3pt hitch adapter.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

stumpy

Well, I may go that route but I'm trying to keep cost down.  I figure on picking up 2 snowblowers cheap at end of season. If I find a cheap 3p0oint blower, I may go that route
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Maine372

I can break a walk behind snowblower by hand. one chunk of ice or a stick in the snow and that little gearbox that runs the spirals is toast.

Thank You Sponsors!