iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hard at it

Started by riverswamp sawyer, August 22, 2012, 12:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverswamp sawyer

I have not been saw milling for over 2 months due to a neck injury. (Not sawmill related)
Crunk up the mill yesterday and spent the afternoon getting things working again......including me. 8) Changed oil, adjusted belt tension, and checked all settings. For the most part, things were in pretty good shape on the ol mill even after sitting idle for 2 months.

Started sawing early this morning and discovered I am outta shape !! But things are moving right along...... I have already sawed 2 nails, one bolt, and a pretty nice wack of lumber  ;D

clww

Sounds like you're having fun, and staying happy, which is all that matters.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Yup, the smile is what matters.  It means that you are either happy, up to something, or hiding something, and it really does not matter which as long as the smile is yours.   smiley_roller
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grweldon

Must have a carbide tipped blade for all that metal cutting...eh?  Or at least a bi-metal or cobalt blade?  Glad to hear you are back at it.  I haven't cut a board in 3 weeks, but I'm stockpiling some logs and hope to get at it Saturday!  Be safe and don't re-injure your neck!  Been there, done that, got the x-rays showing the hardware!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

drobertson

This is great news!  Nothing like getting back in the saddle, happy for you, I know it feels good. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Now you will have to change your own oil and tighten up your drive belt  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bugdust

Hard to keep a good man down. Just be careful and don't over do it.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Fine story. Course without pictures it's just another tall tale.

Just joking. Sounds like you had a good afternoon with the mill. Just don't overdo it and hurt yourself.

Herb

isawlogs

Ahhhh, the sound of a blade going through metal... then the feeling the knot makes in your stomach....  :D :D :D

Nice to hear you are on hte mend.  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

cutterboy

Remember, it's not about how fast you go, or how much lumber you saw, or even how much money you make,.....it's about how much enjoyment and satisfaction you get from what you're doing.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: cutterboy on August 23, 2012, 08:15:23 PM
Remember, it's not about how fast you go, or how much lumber you saw, or even how much money you make,.....it's about how much enjoyment and satisfaction you get from what you're doing.

That'$ preci$ely right Cutterboy. I don't $aw that fa$t, but I make$ lot$ of plank$. I never think$ about the money and I'm $ati$fied.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

David $$$$$, you are definitely a man who is not concerned with material thing$.

:D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

cutterboy

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 23, 2012, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: cutterboy on August 23, 2012, 08:15:23 PM

:D :D :D :D :D   

That'$ preci$ely right Cutterboy. I don't $aw that fa$t, but I make$ lot$ of plank$. I never think$ about the money and I'm $ati$fied.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!