iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brake issues on Clark Ranger 664B cable skidder

Started by Lgauthier, October 03, 2019, 09:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lgauthier

Looking for some help on service brakes (drum) on my Clark 664B, picked machine up in June of this year, brakes have been troubling machine from the start, finally had enough of pulling E-brake, or reversing direction of travel to stop.  Started tearing things apart to fix the service brake, I've decided to pull the trigger and just start at the top and replace everything, so all has gone as planned except new shoes, new wheel cylinder, new hose, but nobody in the area has been able to cross the master cylinder, so I am looking for information on a Lockheed/ Wagner master cylinder, the cap has F1 2103 inscribed on it and the master itself has ether FE 2539 best guess or 2639

Skeans1

Just for giggles you might try Allied Systems they were the last ones that made the Ranger line.

Ed_K

I just replaced my master and got the part thru O'Reilly. Mine is a front mount FE1051 were yours is side mount. It referenced to 10-21050. Try them and maybe if they have good counter help they will cross reference it for you.
Ed K

Mountain_d

You can also try Timberparts in New Brunswick. They mail parts out. They are great to deal with on the telephone. Web search should bring their link up. I just bought a new master cylinder for 1978 TJ230E from them. Mountain. 
1978 TJ 230E 3.9L Cummins 4B, Husky 372XP, Husky 61, Husky 266XP, JRed 625, Husky 265RX clearing saw,  Woodmizer LT40HD 1995, Kubota 4950DT (53hp 4WD), Wallenstein V90 Skidding Winch, John Deere 610 backhoe, 1995 Volvo White GMC WCA42T SA Dump Truck, 2004 Ford F-250SD 4WD, , Central Boiler OW

mike_belben

Rock auto part # lookup has nothing close.  If wagner techline cant help you [1.800.325.8886] then toss it and rig up a more common automotive based master. Its just a foot actuated hydraulic clamp, super easy.  Use a SMALLER piston over a larger one since u arent power assist.  Big pistons mean leg pressing the pedal.  You want small piston and room for a long stroke.  Thatll give you easy pedal input and good clamping pressure.  Id take that one apart for measurements on bore x stroke then shop around.  

Old isuzu npr may be a good candidate for a master.. I dont recall them having a booster and they had drum rears, good easy brakes on those trucks..  You can tee both ports for full volume btw. 
Praise The Lord

bushmechanic

Stefan w

I got my master cylinder rebuilt with a stainless liner at a brake shop. And found a new wheel cylinder on summit racing by the casting number. 

Stefan 

woodmaker

I have bought both repair kits and complete master cylinders from " Brake products Inc, chagrin falls Oh.   440-543-7962" Wicked nice guy to deal with, had the parts, and sent them right out.  The ones for my 530 dresser loaders look the same , but have casting # f 8450
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Thank You Sponsors!