iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safety glasses at the mill

Started by warren46, April 26, 2014, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

That is the most ineffecient sawmill layout I have ever seen, even worse than mine ;)
Too many irons in the fire

WDH

I was thinking the same thing.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

reswire

Quote from: MAI on April 28, 2014, 11:20:24 AM
Just curious, when you buy new mills do the manufacturers show you the easiest and safest way to change blades?

Woodmizer does, at least I received the training with Marty Parsons when I purchased my mill.  Others may not.  With lawsuits the way they are, anyone who sells or services a sawmill should!
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

ST Ranch

When I bought my first WM in the early 90s, we had to go to Powell River BC and a fellow named Peter [Charet ???] - last name unsure, gave us a good half day of training  - Peter was very knowledgable on blade sharpening, setting, hook angles etc and taught us a lot - also we learned how to roll/unroll blades [still remeber - to fold up - hold with teeth up, swing the edge away from you down and under and roll your hands in and over to fold the blade - opposite to unfold]
When I bought my latest new WM mill at Salmon Arm, I was in a bit of a hurry so just got the run down on the debarker, new control panel and the FI engine [What a treat from the old Onan and thier carb ice issues].
Tom   
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

Thank You Sponsors!