iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

All seriousness...

Started by CCC4, May 14, 2016, 04:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

Quote from: CCC4 on May 15, 2016, 08:43:19 AM
Shortly after the pic I cut that mess. It actually was worse than what the pic showed. I'm pretty frustrated with being treated like that. I brought in on myself by showing I can and will do it...but I'm burning out. I'm on my way back down there this morning, I have no real option due to trying to feed my Family.

I am going to explore a couple options, I have a good enough rep in my area that I won't be without work....but it makes me nervous. I feel I am being put in entirely too dangerous situations and have been on this job for a total of 6 months or better. Too many close calls to mention...last week I got a concussion "fixing" my boss' carelessness.

I keep getting sent into the lion's den...been winning the fight...but my luck will run out. It is not "if"....it's "when" at this point. It saddens me to know how hard I struggle only to meet my assured end because I'm trying. Very upsetting to me. I walk out the door, get in the crummy and "hope" that I come home to my beautiful wife.
I've been where you are now, and believe me, you do have an option. You're just not comfortable with it. Well, it's time to step out of your comfort zone buddy.
I just have 2 questions for you, and then it's all up to you.

1. Who's going to be feeding your family after you've been killed?
2. Who's going to be coming home to your beautiful wife when you're in the
    grave yard from putting up with this stuff?

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

so il logger

Clint, walk away from that circus. If you want to work up here just let me know

Straightgrain

Anonymous call to OSHA ?

ANYONE who intentionally creates an unsafe workplace situation should be reported, investigated and fined as appropriate; then brought in front of a judge for harassment, and wrongful termination (if the employee is fired for blowing the whistle...).

Being retired military; I've eaten enough "fudge" to know when a leader crosses the line, and if this happened as you claim, it certainly does.

Life is too darn short to eat anyone's "fudge" for a living.

The law:

However, under the General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) of 1970, employers are required to provide their employees with a place of employment that "is free from recognizable hazards that are causing or likely to cause death or serious harm to employees."

And don't let the judge fall for the "Rogue Supervisor" defense.....
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

CX3

I've got work too. Anytime.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Carson-saws

All the above!  Like you all said, you get hurt in this business, no band-aid is gunna make it all better.  Family first.  You are all VERY admirable folks in looking out for each other.  The ole "work smarter not harder" comes to my mind.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

motohed

I know it's a hard call , but for the benifit of your family , you need to move on . The woods in any logging operation is hazardis , there's no reason for felling wood like this , I could understand if it was storm damaged timber , but any good employer would have a machine working with you in most cases to make it safer . Don't walk , run before you get hurt , you said it already , when you said not if ,but when you get hurt . Guys like that never learn , it's to bad because , they could at the least double production , and you still wouldent go home draging you butt and frustraited . You keep working like that you won't be doing long , work smarter , not harder !!!!

Hilltop366

It's up to you to save yourself.

treeslayer2003

Clint, i know you been with this guy a while. if you want to stay, why don't you try being more assertive with him? you can tell him your not going to limb out them trees if he dumps um like that. thats not being disrespectful bro, thats just standing up and saying what i can clearly see. if it was me i'd try that any way. if he gets bent outta shape over you not being pushed around then he ain't your friend nor does he respect you.

starmac

Have a few questions
Did the boss himself do this?
If so does he have any experience, in other words does he know better?
If it wasn't the boss, was this a rookie on the buncher, that needs a few things explained to him?
Is this a normal occurance, or somewhat rare?
If this happens regularly and by folks that know better, it would appear intentional to spite you, so my question here is why would you even consider cleaning up their mess??
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

ehp

May not be my place to say much but that never stopped me before . I will cut trees that 99% won't BUT when they want me to cut that other 1% I just plain and simple say no and mean it . I will go home as my life is worth more than any tree  and I have done that and went home when things were not to great in the bank account which made me think hard about doing that . You sound like a very good cutter as others have also said you were and one thing you will find is a good cutter will always have a job . Like most guys I donot like drama at my work place cause when you got drama that is when you get hurt as your not thinking clear on what your doing . I also find the older I get the less I want drama . You need to think hard about your wife, kids and you . flipping burgers is not a great job but at least you get to come home and see them . If the guy that left you that mess is the boss , say something to him and ask him to help you out and do a better job , most guys would help and if he says nope to bad to you then its time you find some one else to work for

Thank You Sponsors!