iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First deer gun for a teenager

Started by LeeB, November 23, 2007, 02:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

Usually when I shoot from the bench it's warm out. If I am hunting with a rifle it's mostly cold and more clothes on, heavy jacket etc.. I generally ad a folded towel between gun and shoulder when shooting from sand bags. It does wonders.

Nebraska

Something that just came to mind after I posted that mayhelp.  @SawyerTed 

that Henry butt plate is easier to shoot if you hold in the crook of your bicep. There's a sweet spot... It feels different  and the sight alignment/cheek weld is something to get used to but it takes the bite out of that butt plate. That's a cool retirement  present.

SawyerTed

Thank you for the suggestion.  My best friend is a firearms and marksman  instructor for local law enforcement, special response team leader AKA SWAT etc. He's the best marksman I know.  He has coached me a bit with my shooting. 

I believe his comment was, "I never realized it, but you are a long armed SOB."  😝.  Plus I'm kind of bony anyway.  We've tried several things.  The butt pad ended up being the most consistent solution. There's that muscle memory thing.  The butt of a "shooting' iron" seems it go to the same place on my shoulder every time.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!