iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Hiding your email address.

Started by Jeff, March 24, 2011, 12:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

QuoteHello, I don't want my e-mail to show in my profile, even with the hide checked it still shows, how do I remove it?  Thanks.

I get the above question time and time again. Twice this week. Let me assure anyone that is concerned about this, if you have hide email address enabled in your profile settings, no one can see your email address other than an admin and yourself.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

And no, you can't hide your email address from the Admins and yourself.  ;)

Jeff

Magicman

You can't even hide yourself from the Admins.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DouginUtah

I have a question somewhat along the line of this thread.

Is there a way to find out what a member's forum email address is?

I tried to send a CC: to a member (since I don't have his private email address) using his "username@forestryforum.com" and it didn't work.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Jeff

That's because there is, never has been, and never will be any such thing as a member's forestry forum email address.  :)

The forum personal messaging system gives the member the privacy not to be contacted outside of the forum if they don't wish to be. If a member had notification of private messages enabled, the forum will send him an email. If they don't it won't.  A member's email address is only used here to manage the membership, not for others use at all, unless the member so desires, then they may "un-tick" the hide field.

One would never ever create an email system that willy-nilly creates an email address for anyone using your domain name. That could create all kinds of unknown or unfortunate scenarios involving the domain's identity.  There are very few @forestryforum.com email address's in existence.

DouginUtah

Quote from: Jeff on March 24, 2011, 01:51:25 PM
  There are very few @forestryforum.com email address's in existence.

Since I have three @forestryforum.com admin addresses I assumed there might be the same for members.

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Jeff