iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Email address

Started by Gary_C, February 01, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Verizon strikes again. I have had internet service thru a local cell carrier for some years. They also had a clearwave internet service with a receiver on the house. It was the only internet service available out here in the country other than the dastardly slow dialup thru the local phone company.

Unfortunately they got bought out, first by Alltel, then by Verizon. And Verizon has been trying to dump us since they bought Alltel. Today, on a Saturday they abruptly pulled the plug on internet service and our email accounts. They claim to have sent letters and email notification but I went back thru my email account and could not find any notification. The only way I am back is because I called customer service and complained. So finally they agreed to turn me back on till I can find another ISP and probably only because I demanded they show me the fictional emails they sent. I can't find any in my inbox.

So I have agreed with Hughes Net and they will be installing a receiver this week. But I no longer have an valid email address as they say the email system is done, it will not even be turned on temporarily.

So Jeff, I went into my profile and deleted my email address for now. But I don't think the forum software liked that. So I hope I didn't screw anything up.

So I guess I need another email address, one that is not a part of the ISP so I don't have to go thru this again. Any ideas or recommendations?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WmFritz

I've had gmail for about 5 years I guess and it has been fine. I have an android cell phone and Google sync's my cell phone info with my home computers, if I choose so.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Warbird

Jeff

I could fix you up with an email address easy enough, but you would be much better off with a gmail address simply because of the advanced spam controls that it includes.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30