iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Black bear in Missouri – black bear on my farm??

Started by Bibbyman, August 18, 2012, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Not unusual around here to see spots on fawns through September. If cam picks up another one, I'll save it and post it.

I also want to see the black bear on this one.  ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Nobody said I couldn't upload a picture.  I just figured everybody has seen a fawn with spots.

I think last year's fawns breed in mid winter and give birth later in summer.  But this one looks fairly big.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

Nice picture of the spots. I can't really tell,but the one I'm seeing on my land looks smaller and no spots.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

Within the last few days I saw a fawn with spots on it here at my sawmill yard. Was pretty small.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

mesquite buckeye

USFWS got this one with a game camera in the Santa Rita Mtns, just south of Tucson.

Here kitty kitty. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Bibbyman

Well,  I've not got pictures of my bear on the trail cam yet.  But they had a young male male bear in downtown yesterday.

http://www.fultonsun.com/news/2015/may/25/multiple-police-agencies-fulton-fire-search-bear-f/
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

I think he's more hungry than lustful. Looks thin.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gww

My daugter lives in Marshfeild Mo and told me last weekend that a bear had been seen in town by her office.  She thought it might be an escapee from somewhere.
gww

Bibbyman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 25, 2015, 04:55:41 PM
I think he's more hungry than lustful. Looks thin.

I suspect they learn quickly to dig into trash cans.
Sawing since '94

Shotgun

IMO that's a yearling in the picture in the paper in Bibby's post (Reply #131).  Cub bears are usually born in January and den with their mothers the second winter.  Then mom is ready to find a male to breed with and they make it clear to the cubs that they need to leave home.  The yearling males are the ones that usually wander around causing trouble, sort of like a teenager that gets kicked of the the house. The female cubs share a portion of the mother's territory, while the males are on their own to find a new territory.  The mature females breed every other year, generally in March (late) and April. It depends some what on the geographic location.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Thank You Sponsors!