iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day in the woods with the stihl and the log arch.

Started by Kwill, February 01, 2018, 07:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwill

Spent the day inn the woods cutting some dead red oaks to get some good firewood in. Got it all cut up and but the light bulb was getting dim so I quit for the day. I will get it all split up tomorrow and put in the shed. Expecting some cold weather the next few days.
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

thecfarm

Kwill,I hate high stumps. That poor tractor would get hung up on that one.  :(  Sorry,my Father is the fault of me being the way I am.  ;D
Might just as well put the saw to that tree by the left tire on that arch. That would keep me warm for a few hours.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kwill

Quote from: thecfarm on February 01, 2018, 07:57:37 PM
Kwill,I hate high stumps. That poor tractor would get hung up on that one.  :(  Sorry,my Father is the fault of me being the way I am.  ;D
Might just as well put the saw to that tree by the left tire on that arch. That would keep me warm for a few hours.
I go back and cut them closer to the ground 8) if your referring to the little tree I had to squeeze in between keeping ya warm. It had a hole and was full of water
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Woodcutter_Mo

That log arch looks like it works pretty good. I've been planning to build one but other projects keep getting in the way. I got a couple pickup loads of mixed white, red and black oak out of the woods today to have ready for the cold. These trees were part of the 50+ that blew down on July 5th '16, the smaller dia rounds are about on their last year so figured I better get it used up. Just been using a combination of the tractors FEL, my pickup and my 4 wheeler to haul firewood out. Would have been nice to be able to haul them out whole like that. I do use the tongs on the 3 point sometimes but the tail still gets drug on the dirt.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Kwill

Yeah it works great. Its nice bringing them up to the furnace shed and cutting them up and only having to handle it once. Saves a lot of time. Back where I was getting these logs I had to go through a pretty good dip so I kept the logs around 14ft so they wouldn't drag. The arch will handle a longer one though.
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Kwill

Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Kwill

Got 95% of it in the shed. I got this thing about not letting my wood get wet after it's been cut and split.

Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

r.man

Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Kwill

Built my own log arch