iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 576

Started by logger444, September 03, 2009, 12:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logger444

this saw is a pound more than the 372 which will phased out in december. it is just a few more c.c.'s though. anybody bought one .feedback would be helpful. the 575 was a dud, the 576 was supposed to have all the bugs worked out of them.

Rocky_J

I have four 372s including one still in the box, I'm set for that size saw for several years I think.  8)

cb6048

I've had two, one got a big oak dropped on it with its first tank of fuel in it :'(. I bought another. Originally I went down to get a 372 but got talking with the husky factory rep. and he really convinced me the 576 was the way to go 20% more h.p. and something crazy like 80% better fuel economy. I does take a lot longer to "break-in" the 576 but ,it is also suppose to last alot longer between rebuilds. I have put about 5-6 tanks through it its starting to break-in now and really coming alive. My brotherinlaw has two 372's and swears by them we were supposed to have a "saw off" but that has yet to happen. He tried my 576 and said it didn't rev up as quickly as the 372  but Like I said it takes awhile to break-in as the 372 is almost instant on its break-in. The 576 also has more low end torque. All in all I'm very happy with mine and look forward to spanking my brother inlaws 372 in our "saw off"!
when hell freezes over I'll snowmobile there too

Cut4fun

Me and Al ran a brand new 576 demo saw at the spring gtg in some big cottonwood that had been cut and drying for  about 2 years. I was really impressed with the new 576 in the big wood.

Now in a small round the 372 might shine, but if you are cutting 24" - 32" round I would put my money on the 576. Stock for stock with no muffler mods.
Then again is is going to come down to your chain in a race off. So who can sharpen a chain the best. Better get you some Stihl RSLK square, RSC round or Oregon CL square if you cant file for a hoot.

BlacknTan

Pics of a brand new 576XP auto tune while it's still clean..

SawTroll

To be honest, I think it looks really bad with that "TOWER" at the rear end, but the ones that have used them seem to like them....... :)
Information collector.

BCtimber

Well I bought a 575 when they first came out and it is a great saw.  I hear there were some issues with it but beyond getting the mixture exactly on and letting it warm up properly when you use it I have had no problems.  It is a great saw and with the 576 being updated it will be fantastic.  It has the least vibration of any saw I have ever ran BY FAR.

Thank You Sponsors!