iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Google Desktop Search Engine

Started by Gilman, May 24, 2005, 12:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

Anyone else install the Google desktop search engine?

I do a lot of CAD and misplace files, rarely  :D.  It's working out really good for me.  Does take about a day to scan your system though.  After that you're looking at 0.1 second search times.  It also scans your outlook.

My 10 cents.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Jeff

Yep, I have had it installed for about a year. Pretty handy for finding things you didnt even remember you had. THe Picasa search utility for photos though is awsome for finding that missing stuff as well.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gilman

Once again Jeff your right!

That Picasa is handy.  I like how it shows multiple folders at once.  I don't have to organize anything anymore 8) 8) 8) 8)

Is there a photo program that you can force a maximum file size, like <17k?  I have xat and like it, but I'd like to be able to batch files to 350 x 350 @ <17k.

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

slowzuki

I've had google desktop since it came out too and love it! Especially now it indexes PDF's.  I have all kinds of product lit PDFs and they are always named really funky.

Ernie

What a great idea, I waste way too much time trying to find stuff.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

tnlogger

got em all could'nt work with out them
gene

bitternut

I am not sure if this is what you intend to do but I have Windows XP and I downloaded their photo resizer from power toys and I can go to a file full of pictures, blue up the whole list of pictures and then right click on any of them. Then you can select the pixels ( such as 350 x 350 ) and resize the whole list at once or select just certain ones. You can also make copies.

Fla._Deadheader

This kinda stuff where you can view ALL the images in a folder, instead of 1 and then go back and re-open a new image ???

If so, I need more info ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Gilman

Harold,
Microsoft Office Picture Manager might be what you're looking for.  You can view singles, multiples or scroll full size with your arrow keys.  I use it to batch size photos.  But, I still have to use Xat to compress the photos.