iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Right of Way Firewood Gathering!

Started by ReggieT, November 01, 2015, 09:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman47

A right of way is not ownership. It confers very specific rights on the owner of that right of way. I own some acrage and three is a highway along one side. The road has a right of way that is wider than the road itself so that they can maintain the road and maybe even widen it in the future. The local utility also has a right of way on that same land to maintain their power lines clear of vegetation and of course to maintain the power poles and such. Nobody but me owns the trees that are growing on that land. If the power company or the road folks need to remove a tree to do what they have a right of way to do, that is fine because they have a right to do that, but the tree they cut down or trim is still mine. If you come along and steal my firewood after the power company does some tree trimming, and I catch you, the sheriff will become involved. I do not doubt that people are opportunistically stealing wood but what does that say about them?
X27, Stihl 026, Husky 555 AT

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: 4x4American on November 04, 2015, 06:57:04 AM
If it's down already on the side of the road it's pretty much fair game to anyone around here.  If there is a house in front of it I always ask.  Troopers won't bother you, Sheriffs might, but who knows.  When they are cutting the power lines they like it when you follow them and load because that's less loading and hauling for them.

Same here!!

Thank You Sponsors!