iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Service Route

Started by pnyberg, May 21, 2010, 09:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pnyberg

A few months ago I signed up to have a Wood-Mizer tech stop by to service my mill as part of their "Service Route" program.  My mill has 56 hours on it, so it shouldn't need much service, but the mill owner needs some training, so it seemed worthwhile to me. 

According to the original schedule, all of New England was to be serviced (so to speak) in April.  It seems that things are a little behind schedule.  Bob called a few times as he was getting closer to my area, and finally showed up this morning.

Bob was only here about an hour.  He tweaked the alignment of the idle blade wheel a bit,  found the alignment of the blade guide wheels in need of attention, and squared up the backstops.  He also walked me through dozens of other check list items that didn't need adjustment, but that I understand better than I did before.

The cost was $150 to show up, and $65 an hour, for a total of $215.  I consider this money well spent, and I will show up at my customer's home tomorrow confident that my mill is behaving as it should.

--Peter
No longer milling

Magicman

I've had three services in 8½ years.  There was a reason for each and I completely felt that it was "money well spent".  I found Bob to be a very knowledgeable and conscientious serviceman.  If the need arose, I would not hesitate to schedule a service.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

My old partner Tom had Bob from Mizer stop to check the LT-70 nothing but a couple of tweeks.Consider that money as education money well spent have everything clean,really pay attention and learn the fine points of the adjustments.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!