iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Service Route

Started by Bodger, March 31, 2012, 09:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodger

I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with Bob from WM today.  It was a scheduled service stop.  I had it in my mind that all they did was the 'silver' or 'gold' service, changing filters and such, but it's better than that.  I've had my mill for about 17 years and I'm the only one to ever make any adjustments or turn a wrench on it.  So he came and checked all the alignments and made some adjustments.  Nothing really major but it's all tight and square.  Figuring the cost over the years I've had it the cost was about $15 a year...pretty good.  He was quick and determined to get everything to specs.  Once again WM service shines. 
Work's fine for killing time but it's a shaky way to make a living.

wwsjr

Bob was at my place back in Feb for my annual service and alignment. I have scheduled service on all the mills I have owned each year. I have found the services are well worth the money. Bob is very professional, works to factory specs on all parts of the mill. A friend of mine usually brings his mill to my place so we split the stop charge. I was his first stop on the way south to LA. I think he told me he had 33 mills scheduled on the service route in MS and LA.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Magicman

I skipped this year but Bob's WM's service is absolutely tops.  He will spot something that I may never see and he has the necessary replacement parts.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cypresskayaksllc

Bob is WM MVP. For new guys like myself its nice to have someone who knows what theyre doing take a look at the mill. Learn something valuable every time he stops by.
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

bandmiller2

The traveling service is a valuable to wm owners.When I was the sawyer for old Tom A fella with a LT-70, he had the WM service rep come by,we checked all the adjustments.I got a backdoor compliment,I was away getting something, rep told Tom I pretty much knew what I was doing on the mill.Now if WM would make an arrangement with Geek squad to come out when theirs puter problems. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!