iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time for a new saw 357xp or ms361

Started by Hilltop366, October 07, 2009, 01:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flapjack23

Quote from: John Mc on October 10, 2009, 05:34:38 PM

Does anyone have a good idea on the current prices for Stihl's MS 361, and Husky's 357XP?

John Mc

I picked up a 361 a couple months ago. I'm a weekend warrior too, so paid retail from the dealer. Saw with 20" bar and extra chain was about $650+tax.

Andy
Stihl MS361

Hilltop366

I picked up my MS361 Artic today it is a little heaver than my old one but cuts faster so I guess I get to set it down sooner?

A older man came up to the shop when Joey(the shop owner) was testing the saw Joey pointed out the heated handles to him he muttered something about a girls saw as he was going by me on his way inside. Not sure what he ment but I'm sure I will enjoy them when it is -15°C (5°f).

Visiting the guys shop is always interesting he also has a second hand & salvage store (doors ,windows store closeouts old hardware)at a different location and is aways collecting junk of some kind.

Part of the store is a old lumber camp bunk house with origional style wood stove.

old engine

folk art

Saw blade

And a 40' trailer loaded with junked saws for parts.

SawTroll

Quote from: Hilltop366 on October 16, 2009, 09:22:52 PM
I picked up my MS361 Artic today it is a little heaver than my old one but cuts faster so I guess I get to set it down sooner? .......

The Arctic is about .4 lbs heavier than the standard one, and well worth it in a cold and/or wet climate.... :)
Information collector.

alinicoll

I`ve had a357 for about 5 years with no major worries, I`ve heard some of the newer ones had carb trouble but  that may have been sorted. Mostly run 15" but it does 18" fine. couldn`t compair to 361 it been a while since i used one.

RSteiner

Quote from: John Mc on October 10, 2009, 05:34:38 PM
I see from Cut4Fun's post that the 362 seems to be going for around $675. Wow! I assume they are discontinuing the 361?

Does anyone have a good idea on the current prices for Stihl's MS 361, and Husky's 357XP?

I've got a 357XP I got used, and like it a lot. Smooth running, and it just seems to "fit" me well. For my use, however, it would have been hard to justify the cost of a new one ($660 w/bar and chain, but that was a couple of years ago). Worth it if I were doing this professionally, I guess, but I'm mostly a weekend warrior.

John Mc

As I stated earlier in this thread I was quoted two prices for a 357xp about a month ago from two dealers, with a 16" bar one price was $625.00 and the other was $670.00. 

Randy
Randy

DonT

I just got done pricing a 357xp from my local husky dealer taxes in out the door with two chains and an 18inch bar price is going to be 879.00.This saw will replace an 034 purchased in 2000 and it has been a workhorse.I like stihl products but they are only available from rental shops in my area,whos personnel are somewhat rude and ignorant,on the other hand the local husky dealer treats me well and gives prompt service because he knows i earn my living with my saws.That being said i do have my eye on a stihl 200T to replace my 338T.  DonT

SawTroll

Quote from: DonT on October 27, 2009, 09:00:38 PM
I just got done pricing a 357xp from my local husky dealer taxes in out the door with two chains and an 18inch bar price is going to be 879.00.This saw will replace an 034 purchased in 2000 and it has been a workhorse.I like stihl products but they are only available from rental shops in my area,whos personnel are somewhat rude and ignorant,on the other hand the local husky dealer treats me well and gives prompt service because he knows i earn my living with my saws.That being said i do have my eye on a stihl 200T to replace my 338T.  DonT

To me, it looks like you should stay with Husky, even though I love the MS361!   8) 8) 8)
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!