iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made an offer on this today (up grades )

Started by Bruno of NH, March 08, 2020, 03:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Made an offer on this today
Bobcat 974
My brother in law has a bucket for it , new engine (it runs great now 78hp perkins) and heavy duty log grapple.
And shear head.   3,700 lift it weighs 12,000 < br>
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

I looked at several before I bought mine.
The problem I had was getting in and out. Not easy for a big guy like me.
And to operate the machine you need to pull down the safety bar to the locked bottom position.
I could barely get it past my gut.
If I ever got one with one of those bars, I'd have to have it modified to account for the operators size.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

Jim,
This one has a huge operators cab. 
I can even fit in it with the bar down.
You could easily fit in it.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

scsmith42

I'm considering upgrading from my John Deer 270.  It's good for a 3,600 lb log but I'd like a tracked model instead of tires.

Two that I'm looking at are the Takeuchi TL12 and the Kubota SVL 95.  Both are close in terms of what they can pick up (about 2X my current JD).
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Bruno of NH

Scott,
I have friends that have the Kubota 95 tracked machines and cant say enough good things about them.
They also have a large operator station.
Bruno

Nebraska

That looks like a nice machine Bruno, I'd sure take it.

Bruno of NH

I will be picking it up in the morning.
My farmer friend will pick it up with his gooseneck trailer.

Southside

Quote from: Bruno of NH on March 08, 2020, 09:59:35 PM
I will be picking it up in the morning.
My farmer friend will pick it up with his gooseneck trailer.
I thought you would ride around in it and use it to pick up logs and such, not use it as a piece of exercise equipment.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Now even tho that machine is obsolete, its WORTH keeping it going and working around the glitches, unlike a 742.  Those things are a beast.  Engine and pump parts should cross over to barko 980 and bobcat 1080 machines if im not mistaken.  

Beware out in the woods.. you turn one or two times in a soft spot and the next time its buried.   

Im jealous.  
Praise The Lord

barbender

Those things look like beasts! That's almost twice the weight of my Case 1845c, and it is a very capable machine.
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

I won't be taking it in the woods
If that gets stuck it won't come out very easy :D

dgdrls

Nice find Bruno,

let us know how it works for you,

D

hacknchop

Nice machine I hope it makes things easier for you , looks like you have a busy season ahead of you a machine like that will add to production , we're happy for you. :)
Often wrong never indoubt

Bruno of NH

It's getting loaded on the gooseneck and ready for the 1.5 hr ride to the mill

Wudman

Quote from: scsmith42 on March 08, 2020, 04:47:40 PM
I'm considering upgrading from my John Deer 270.  It's good for a 3,600 lb log but I'd like a tracked model instead of tires.

Two that I'm looking at are the Takeuchi TL12 and the Kubota SVL 95.  Both are close in terms of what they can pick up (about 2X my current JD).
I've run an SVL 95.  It's a hoss.  More room and more guts than a Cat 299 that I ran for the same guy.  Plus the Kubota has a swing up door.  I liked that better than the swing out on the Cat.  The Cat had some fuel guage issues and I ran it dry on a steep slope with the grapple extended.  You couldn't open the door unless the boom was completely lowered.  I didn't want to pop the emergency exit, so I sat there until somebody brought some fuel.  That was facing west in July in late afternoon.  Got a little warm in there in the 30 minutes waiting on some fuel.  The boss ran it out about a week later in a similar situation.  The guage was reading 1/4 tank.
Wudman 
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Bruno of NH

We got to the town that the bobcat was at they posted the roads this morning.
Got it loaded quick and got on our way.
It did freeze up a little last night.

Nebraska

8) congrats on the buying the machine. May it serve it's master well.

mike_belben

Just some skidsteer FYI.  A bobcat S250 wheel machine will load a pallet that flips a kubota SVL 75 track machine.  Same day load and unload.  If you want brute lifting the 75 is lacking. Guy went right down on his face pretty hard, then slammed back over when the pallet busted and boulders scattered.   Looked like quite a ride. 
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Unloaded the 974 it has quick attach but it looks bigger than my other quick attach forks and bucket
I will have to see in the morning if they work.

mike_belben

Your forks probably arent rated for what that bear can lift.
Praise The Lord

Mountaynman

I will also agree with what an animal those machines are backed into an amish customer with a load of larch for his mill about this time of year and as i was unloading the frost gave way and the truck sank to the axles yup all of them the steers were still up and he says i can pull you out with my skid steer kind of chuckled and called a buddy for help. He comes roarin up with his machine 12" axle extensions, tractor tires and chained up , he had picked up a pallet of fence posts for extra weight that thing just squatted and pulled me out like something ive never seen before amazing said it handles 2 ton all the time
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

Bruno of NH

I have an extra set of rims and tires.
My brother in law said we should make up dual wheel set up for mud season  :D

mike_belben

2 ton is nothing for a 9 series. That machine is "rated" for 3700 which i believe is 50% of tip load, so 7400lbs tip which means someone good can probably toe walk 4 ton or so. They ride smooth on 2 wheels and dont tear the ground up either. 

;D
Praise The Lord

Stephen1

Good score, that will go great around the mill.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Bruno of NH

Belive it or not for such a heavy machine it's light on the ground.
Makes less of a foot print than the 873 I was borrowing.
And the yard is soft.

Thank You Sponsors!