iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where would you rather be?

Started by Ianab, August 24, 2003, 12:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Just got in from running the mill today, what a great spring day. Where would you rather be... out here, or stuck in the office?
Not a hard question really is it? ;)

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Fla._Deadheader

WOW, what a gorgeous spot. Thanks for the "chilling " photo. It's been in the high 90's here, all summer.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

dewwood

No contest!  You are a very fortunate person to have all of that to view.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Mark M

Dat looks like mount Fuji, but I'll bet it ain't

Frank_Pender

Yep is great to se such views as we produce sawdust.  I use to be able to see three major mountains in the Cascades, unitl I let the Douglas Fir get above 60', over the last 24 years.  8)  The mountains were Mt Jefferson and theThree Sisters.  I have a Mill building for one Mobile Dimension, but like to be totaly outside useing the other MD Mill, instead. ;D
We are a very fortunate group of people being able to do the kind of work we do.  Yes it is hard, sweaty work but we enjoy that sort of thing or we would not be produceing so much sawdust.   :o
Frank Pender

whitepe

Ian,

Ow,  you really know how to hurt a guy.   ;)
All I get to look at is corn and soybean fields.  ;D

One bright thing though,   there is a possibility
that my work might take me to N.Z. within the
next year or so.  Until then, I can only dream about and
look at wonderful pictures like yours.  :)
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Mark M

Hey - I was in New Zealand once!

Got to spend 45 minutes at the airport. It was dark, rainy, and all I could see was the big blue sign that says Auckland outside the window :(

By the way it's one DanG long airplane ride from there to LA :o

Mark

breederman

That is one great view! I often think that those of us who get to  work outside are the lucky ones. I spend my days driving around these hills and have several favorite spots to stop and eat lunch or sometimes take a" power nap".Once in a while  I have a new trainee or prospective employee with me I point out the "working environment" as a nice benefit in their compensation package! 8) 8)
'
Together we got this !

Thank You Sponsors!