iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

met a guy with a timberking 1220

Started by JamieT, January 25, 2014, 12:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieT

Driving home yesterday from work I noticed a few logs in this guys yard and got noisy. I turned around and drove back by and seen his mill. Stopped, introduced myself and told him im about to buy one 15 mins later I was cranking thru a 16ft pine tree! Im so hooked its not even funny anymore! Real nice guy! Nice set up. Struck a deal with him to use his mill until I get mine and in return, I use my front end loader to push his sawdust and scraps up. Ill be back over there today!! Just thought I'd share my first experience !
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

giant splinter

Set up some pictures, sounds like a good start
roll with it

beenthere

Great. Invite him to come over to the Forestry Forum side.   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Sawmill owners make good friends.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mad murdock

Cool!  Milling is very addicting! The best part of the addiction is that the side effects usually result in lots of nice projects-outbuildings, custom woodwork, furniture, flooring, mantelpieces, etc. there are a lot worse addictions for sure!  Definitely invite him to the FF.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

He could be a big help to you. We are a big help too,but being there and posting about it,is diffeant.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

valley ranch

Never saw a bandmill working, but watching videos of milling and ease dropping on the forum makes me salivate.

Richard

JamieT

I will be over there all day today. You have my word that ill tell him about ff. This place is great! If I can stand still for a few mins, ill take some pics of his set up. Its very simple (redneck) but effective! He is 9 orders in the hole! Im still going with my hm126, but that timberking is VERY impressive
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

JamieT

How can I upload jpg pics? Remember im a country boy so bare  with me. I had this message typed up, loaded pics and got an error message saying I cant load that type of file? Far as I know thats the only type of file I have?

pineywoods

Jamie, you get that message when you try to attach a pic directly to your post. The forum software doesn't work that way. You need to set up your own photo gallery on the forum and upload jpeg pics to that. Then link to your pic in the gallery. Looks wierd, but there's a good reason for doing it that way.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

JamieT
Go to the "home" page (tab above) and skip down through the Forums to "Behind the Forum". click that and you will find the primers to load your .jpg pics. If the pics are on your computer and you have been to your profile to set up your own gallery, then the rest is smooth sailing... if done correctly.   ;D

Once your gallery is set up, then click on the blue highlighted line below your post window "Click here to add Photos to post".  Up comes another window with "Upload files" as one of the tabs. For pics already in your gallery, then click "My Gallery" and click on the pic you want. Once that pic is up (enlarged, not thumbnail) then SCROLL down to where it says "Insert Image in Post" and you have it.  Always click on "Preview" to check your post for the way you want it to look, then "Post". 

Sounds more difficult than it actually is,   look forward to your pics.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JamieT

Got a few pics into the gallery. Do I just copy and paste the link?

Dave Shepard

I copy the link from my gallery, and then wrap it with the IMG tags. That's the little Mona Lisa icon up above the post window.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

This is the same thing beenthere posted

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JamieT

thecfarm

Chuck White

Whow Jamie, you catch on quicker than I do!

Looks like your friend has lots of work to do!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JamieT

Thats him cutting. I mentioned the site, and was quickly informed that he doesn't work well with computers  :D. Ill keep bringing it up. I cut 29 2x12's at 10ft, and 9 4x4's at 10 ft. Had a blast doing it!

Thank You Sponsors!