iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HM126 and a cpl pics.....

Started by JamieT, March 02, 2014, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieT

First pic im working a small pine. Second pic was a very large cedar! Beautiful color!!
I couldn't be happier with this mill! Working on getting lumber cut for the mill shed. Ill post pics as we go.
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

VictorH

Looking good!!  That is some nice cedar

thecfarm

Glad you like the mill and sawing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Good deal, nice action photo! 8)   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

Now the fun begins. Nice cedar.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

You have a nice setup there.  Thanks for sharing your joy. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JamieT

So far, so good. Im loving every minute of it! This weekend I will be sawing up a black walnut. Never thought I'd say this, but I cant wait for the time change! Cant cut in the dark!! The shed will have lights, a radio, and a mini fridge! I will be spending a lot of time down there!
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

21incher

If this is your first time sawing walnut you may want to get a dust mask because breathing the dust can cause a reaction in many people. It is funny how everyone starts a new life after getting a mill.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

JamieT

Thanks for the tip 21incher! Is it worse than cedar? Lot of folks say the cedar causes sinus issues. I sawed cedar for 2 days straight with no problems. luckily im not allergic to anything

21incher

Walnut sawdust can cause breathing problems and rashes in some people, plus it can be deadly for horses so I always try to use a dust mask when sawing it and dispose of it away from animals. From what I have read you should not let anyone with a nut allergy inhale the dust.

GAB

JamieT:
WARNING: I've been told to keep walnut sawdust away from equines.  So you might want to use the backhoe to bury the walnut sawdust if not there is a chance you might need to use it for the equine(s).  Please be cautious with nut tree sawdust.  Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

EZland

Glad you like your mill.  I love sawing in the dark.  I am also in the south, Pine Mountain GA.  All summer I saw at night.  Wait, in the winter I saw at night too..... why ?  Not enough time in the day and nothing really good on TV.  I just have a ton of lights tied up on everything.  On trees , clamps to the tool box and all run by a generator.  I know the extra gas seems a little much, but no one bother you at night.  Less wind, and its more relaxing.   

Makes you sleep good too.  happy Sawing. 
EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

God is great!  I will never be as good as the "Carpenter's Son"

JamieT

Thanks for the warnings fellas. Ive had horses my hole life and they eat better than I do lol. But I do appreciate you guys lookin out for me! The plan is to cut it down and put it on a trailer to get out of the pasture . Plan on cutting it up elsewhere before milling. Its a good sized tree, but not a giant. Ill take pics as I go. Thanks again!! Cant beat this site and its members! And ive only been here a few months! :-)

Thank You Sponsors!