iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mill shed pics

Started by JamieT, June 01, 2014, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat olde elf

Really nice shed !  I love the snow load commentary especially WDH. Spent too many years in Michigan and Illinois, been in NC for 32 years.  I love the heat and the humidity. I can work outdoors year round and the heat is great for my 76 YO arthritic hips, knees and especially hands. That's what I love about the South, Phil Harris.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

js2743

You might want to think about putting some bracing on the corners, It will lean one way or the other over time.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 01, 2014, 09:45:48 PM
It looks nice. But I envy you guys in the south , 2x4 rafters  ::)
In NH they would 2x12 16" OC and more pitch :D :D :D

Shoot, I'd need 4x14 12"OC for my 341 lb/sqft snow load on that flat of a roof! :D  I could build like that... Just have to remove the metal roof in the winter so the snow doesn't pile up!  Actually, it would still pile up on the ground and reach the rafters  :o
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

redprospector

Quote from: WDH on June 05, 2014, 07:14:31 AM
You "northern flowers" would wilt today in Georgia.  Supposed to be 94 degrees and humid. Probably a "three shower" day.
Hahaha. It was 105 down in the desert today, 83 on the mountain. I chose to stay on the mountain and run the dozer today. Another month and it will start raining on the mountain, and temps will drop to about 72.
And just in case you were thinking "it's a dry heat". At 105 it's a roasting heat.  ;)
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

JamieT

Updates... I decided to close that back wall for more protection  Left plenty of room to get the tractor in and out for easy clean up, and gonna mount a big fan to help with air flow. Also scored a mast off a bobcat. Fabbed up plates to mount to my kabota. Welded them on today. Its comin a turd floater right now so I guess ill have to wait and mount it tomorrow  Forks will help a TON!! I hate gettin on and off the tractor to hook or unhook chains!
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Thank You Sponsors!