iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordered a Woodmizer LX 25 Today

Started by StimW, January 31, 2022, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StimW

The good news, Ordered it today, the last day of the sale price and they weren't sure if it will increase tomorrow.
The bad news, 22 weeks delivery time. THAT'S the first week of JULY!
He said that the demand is so strong that is where they are at.
I posted on here some years ago when I bought a HF mill and everything considered I was happy with it. A couple years ago I sold it because I was too busy with other interests.
Now I miss it and got my feet wet with it and can now afford to move up.
Will update, IN 5 MONTHS!!  
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

fluidpowerpro

Congratulations on your new purchase. This will probably be the longest 22 weeks of your life.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

rusticretreater

Everyone(saw makers) say they are backed up, but then they have a sale price?  Sounds like marketing shenanigans to me.  I have a woodland mills saw and every time I go back to their site the prices have jumped a couple of hundred bucks.  What they do is try to load up sales at the end of the year so they have steady work all through the next summer.

I got mine last year.  They told me 15 weeks but I got it in 12 weeks and I was already feeling like a kid on Christmas morning trying to get the parents out of bed.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Crossroads

Congratulations on your new mill! I hope you get it early. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Old Greenhorn

Congratulations, you may feel it's a long wait, but comparatively based on recent history. Some are out 54 weeks now. You may get lucky and get it a bit early.
 At any rate, you have plenty of time to prep the site and get your tools in order.
 Have fun!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SawyerTed

Congratulations!   Twenty two weeks is "good" compared to some other wait times.  OGH mentioned 54 weeks.  On some models 60 weeks is the initial build time but I suspect those longer times will shorten.

Some major machinery builders have begun shortening their lead times from 12-14 months down to 4-6 months. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

Everything it seems is still backed up, and thanks in part to Amazon we expect immediate delivery of anything.  Had a customer call yesterday, he wants a bunch of custom this and that - didn't even have a list put together yet, kiln dried, etc - needs it next week so he can start his project.  Now if only I had more plutonium for the flux capacitor....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

txbonds

Congrats.  We looked at the LX25 also, but the 22 week wait pushed me away.  The Woodland Mills models apparently are running in the 8 to 12 week window.  We ordered a Frontier OS23 and part of the reason was it only showed a 6 week window.  I almost stepped up to a Norwood 27 with a 4 week window, but as our first sawmill it was more than I wanted to spend.  Like you, I want to make sure we love the hobby enough to stick with it.  If so, we may sell and upgrade down the road if it becomes necessary.  Shoot, in todays market we can probably sell our mill in the box once we get it for more than we paid.  It's crazy out there on the used market.

Sixacresand

Congratulations.  A friend got one recently and he really loves it.  But he had to wait a year. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

txbonds

Quote from: Sixacresand on February 01, 2022, 08:18:04 AM
Congratulations.  A friend got one recently and he really loves it.  But he had to wait a year.
Yes, the LT15 models are a 53 week wait according to their sales people.  LX55 and LX25 both 22 weeks.  Wowzers..............  LOL  

jpassardi

Congrats. Woodmizer builds a quality product with quality support. I think you'll be happy with you're decision.
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

K-Guy

Quote from: Southside on February 01, 2022, 07:56:03 AMneeds it next week so he can start his project.  Now if only I had more plutonium for the flux capacitor....

You don't understand.... it's about his needs not yours..?!?! smiley_jester
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

StimW

Just checked and the price is up $500. and shipping another $100.
I should have bought 10 of them, sold 9 and had mine for free! Never that easy.
If you want to see waiting times and price increases go to a boating or RV forum.
I was looking at a new Polaris 450 ATV but dealer had none and said I could order one and wait, not sure how long. I did find a used 2019 in great condition.
It's way too early to be getting excited and at least I know how milling works so it's not my first rodeo.
I did make money selling the HF mill and had a lot of calls.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller

StimW

Was thinking while I wait, the mill comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.
Has anyone ever returned one?
Did you have to take it apart and put it back in the crate?   :D
New HF Band Mill

mjb

Smart manufacturers will "under promise and over deliver".

Woodland Mills told me 12 weeks and it was delivered 6 weeks early. Not sure that was their strategy but in the end... it made for a happy customer.

Mike

Ohioian

Congrats ordered mine a year ago and was told 12 to 16 weeks low and behold 8 weeks later it was shipped. 

ohiowoodchuck

Ordered mine in April and got it the middle of January. Everybody wants one. I wish I would of ordered 10 also. 
Education is the best defense against the media.

Brad_bb

Welcome to the addiction!   No matter what mill you have, you'll always wish you had a bigger one.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!