iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Youtube

Started by Larry, May 09, 2013, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

How does one embed a youtube?  Yesterday I put in the share link from youtube in a post and all that showed up was the link.  Today I tried to modify the post with the youtube embed html and that didn't work either but when I put the share link back the video was embedded for some reason.

Also if I do it right should it show up when I preview a post?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

Larry
Have had that happen too, and seems if I copy the URL from the video when it is playing, that it shows up when I "preview" the post.

Maybe that helps.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

You use the share link. Sometimes a preview doesn't show up for one reason or another. I think it is just the way a browser handles the scripting at that moment. (Or mishandles it)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SPIKER

I too have seen this & heard that is was do to the "S" in the link as a SECURE link.

(will be a httpS.\\ type thing.) and if you remove the "S" it SHOULD embed in the post as a viewable type link.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Jeff

That could explain a lot.  The forum software is not set up to reinterpret a link from a secure youtube link, other than I have never once saw the "share link" generate a secure server address.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

I've noticed youtube changes the way I link my videos over a couple years.
I have also changed systems and thought that might of had something to do with it.
Seems if I try to link the video from my video manager page there is always a problem and I then edit my post by deleting my link and re-entering the link by copying the address while the video is playing from the address bar and then pasting the link into my post.
I used to be able to right click on the video while it was playing and copy link then paste it here.
That isn't working for me but it may also be an issue with windows 8. ???

Warbird

Check to see if it is embedding an SSL URL like Spiker suggested.