iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2400 Up & Running

Started by stratford 50, November 18, 2015, 07:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratford 50

Thought I would update on how the new 2400 is running after one week. I replaced my 2008 e-classic 2300 with a e-classic 2400. The new furnace seems to burn hotter leaving a finer fly ash than the 2300 did. The amount of wood it uses @ this time & outside temperature appears to be about 1/4 less. I know its early in the heating season but this is my first impression. There are many new improvements that make the furnace more user friendly, Example, lower by-pass door handle opens easier, hinged reaction chamber door, removable air hole plates in the firebox will aid in cleaning and keeping the air flowing, Pulse air when demand is low keeps the coals burning. There are more but for now I'm quite pleased with the furnace.

doctorb

You're making me jealous.  Stop it!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

Sounds like it is running right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

garret

Be sure to brush the vertical heat exchangers once/month.  Most noticeable maintenance item affecting wood consumption (efficiency) IMO.
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!