iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

accuset 2 probs

Started by petefrom bearswamp, June 04, 2009, 06:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

I am sawing some boards for a customer that wants them at 1".
Programmed the pattern mode to 1" and the final cut at 15/16"
the  thing won't work .
I wont make the final set down.
What gives?
any help appreciated.
pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bibbyman

It ain't broke.  I don't think it'll go below an inch.  (Too much of a chance to saw a clamp, back support or those little blocks on the bed that hold a cant.)

You may be able to trick it to saw 15/16" by changing the "Set to 12" in the setup to where it really at 11-15/16".   Then you can set your last set at 1" and it should stop at 15/16".

Why do you want the last board 15/16"anyway?? smiley_headscratch
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

petefrom bearswamp

when I am set at pattern 1" the boards come out at approximately 15/16th

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

woodmills1

is your kerf set at zero?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DR Buck

Quote from: woodmills1 on June 04, 2009, 09:25:42 PM
is your kerf set at zero?

I think your right Woodmills1.  It sounds like the kerf isn't set correct.   
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

backwoods sawyer

Not setting below 1" is a safety measure that is built in to the accuset 2.
Set your kerf to the saws that you are using, but don't recalibrate the head, (That could come back to haunt you later) all you have to do when you want to cut below the 1" mark for a bottom board is switch it to manual mode and set for the last cut. I was cutting ½" thick WRC yesterday and set the bottom board at ¾" so the guide would clear the bed rails and not hit any stops. Just pattern down thru until you are to the last cut, hit manual, and set to the height you want. I slow the head down on the last cut as well, just incase something jumps up at the saw. Another option is to have one of your presets set at 1", and use it to get you down close and then all you have to do in manual mode is fine tune it to 15/16.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

woodmills1

I think he wants 1" and is getting 15/16" on either all or just the last board.  If it is all of them then it is probably due to the curf setting, if only the last then I think the zero(set to 12) is off.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

sparks

If all your boards are coming out 15/16" the kerf is the first place to look. .042 blade 10 degree should be .084.     .045 blades 9 degree .090    .045 blade 10 degree .095       .055 blade 10 degree .111

Zero the zerf and see if the drops are accurate.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

petefrom bearswamp

thanks all,
My kerf is currently set to zero.
I am using Cooks super sharp 10 degree, .042 set at .025 at present.
Sparks, correct me if I,m wrong, but shouldn't set enter the equation?

Pete

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Bibbyman

It does,  but just doubling the blade thickness will probably get you as close as you'll be able to measure with a common tape measure.  You can use the double blade thickness set and then saw a few boards and see how close to target thickness they come out to be.  Then adjust accordingly.

Also,  if you note, Sparks did list two .045 blades – on the 9° he suggested .090 and on the 10° he suggested .095.  .005 is about the thickness of a business card.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!