iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw mill maintenance?

Started by WoodChucker, July 20, 2003, 08:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodChucker

Just curious if any of you guys wax parts of your mill, not only to keep it from rusting but maybe to keep the wet saw dust from sticking to it and making it a little easier to clean? Thanks!

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Tom

clean?

I've never waxed my mills nor have I cleaned them except to shoot them with a hose or pressure washer. I've used a many a can of wd40 and silicone spray and spray white lithium grease and cans of ATF fluid and grease gun grease and filters but I've never cleaned like some folks clean a car.

My mill stays busy and on-site.  When I'm home, I'm sharpening blades or in the house not wanting to do anything. :D

Kevin

ATF and compressed air on occasion.
I do plan on getting it oil sprayed on the inside the bed this year.

WoodChucker

Yeah I guess it would be a waste of time, I wasn't talking about waxing it to make it pretty. :)  I was meaning on spots like inside the blade cover doors where the dust seems cake like mud and maybe the bed rails. I don't have a pressure washer but now that you mention it that wood be a good idea.

Relax Tom, I wasn't trying to find something else for you to do.  ;D

Kevin are you talking about the hollow area of the bed rails?

Thanks guys!

R.T.  
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

AtLast

yes I do and yes it helps ALOT. I use motorcycle chain oil on my chain and when I greese the fittings ( every use) I also is AMSOIL " MP" on any and all " bare" metal. the investment easily justifies the anal and constant up keep as Im sure you all do....or hope so anyway  ;D I ummmm...even ummmm Armorall the tires  ::)  ;D

AtLast

HEY!!..I just noticed!!!..I growed a tuther tree.!!!!!!!!!  8)

Kevin

QuoteKevin are you talking about the hollow area of the bed rails?

Yes.,
Right where the water sits.

Thank You Sponsors!